Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce & Starting Over Divorce & Starting Over

match.com???

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 2 Replies

So, I'm still in the throes of the breakup of my 22 year relationship, but only recently found out he had been cheating.  Silly me, I thought we only had some simple troubles we had not handled for too long and drifted too far to fix.  Of course he was cheating!  So, even though he's sorta hinted at fixing things (yes, only hinted, not straight up begged forgiveness or 'I want you back').  So I told him that he's forced my hand and I definately have to sleep with someone to even the score before I even talk about anything ( I really do know how immature and stupid that sounds!).  So in the heat of heartbreak in the wee hours one night I signed up for match.com.  Low & behold someone is actually interested in me and in emailing, I'm getting a bit excited at the idea of actually moving on and finding someone new.  So what do you think about this:  bad idea - am I asking for more trouble?  good idea - time to move on?

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tottaxi
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never gone with the online dating sites, but I know a few women who have and NONE have turned out well.  Lots of guys just interested in  piece of a$$...no big surprise there, though.  Others have had initial success that turned into stalkers.

Be careful.  Check out their backgrounds as much as you can.  Give it a LOT of time before you meet IRL.

Tiff.B
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

i met my fiancee on a free dating site we been dating for almost ten months i may have just got lucky though, i suggest you get to know him well before you meet and when you do make it a neutral place with lots of people like starbucks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)