Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce & Starting Over Divorce & Starting Over

Wanna hear something weird...

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM
  • 9 Replies
So I was propositioned by my stbx and his gf to have a polygamist marriage. Mind you, none of us are religious in any way. Stbx and I are actually atheist. If that wasn't weird enough, I was chatting with an ex bf of mine who is engaged. We are still friends and he is actually friends with my stbx. I always kinda thought he never got over me, but he kept it I himself and respected my marriage. He has never said or did anything inappropriate. Well, he (I'm sure without discussing with his fiancé) asked me to do the same. I found it all odd, but funny. Well, stbx wasn't as funny, I assure you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tottaxi
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM

That is weird!  I think this is probably based on men's fantasies of a threesome!  LOL!

I have a friend that was also approached for a sister-wives situation.  Why would a man want more than one wife when so few know how to treat the one they have?  Maybe this is about erasing the stigma of being a cheating pos.

aneela
by New Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Ppl do crazy things. So what did you tell them ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by New Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I'd tell them to hit the road and hard lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Kay on May. 1, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I think some men like the phrase 'have his cake and eat it, too' and literally want to live like this IRL.  I know my ex does!

Personally, I find it disgusting not to mention STD's big time!

iSarah
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM
I said no, of course. I laughed when my ex bf asked. I honestly think he is just in love with his fiancé and me, but my stbx just doesn't want to leave the kids. Though, if I had said yes, I know he would have been ecstatic hoping he would have a threesome. Not happening.

Quoting aneela:

Ppl do crazy things. So what did you tell them ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slinkerpon11
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

that's such an odd thing to be asked, let alone by two different couples around the same time. I would probably be weirded out when asked by the first set and then laugh and ask 'really??' when the second asked. Just because it's so odd to hear it twice lol. I left my divorce off of facebook for a long time, posted about it one day and then had like 3 different guys message me. by the time the third was like 'I haven't heard from ya in awhile, how ya been?' I was like 'OMG GO AWAY'

jen7289
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

that had to be flattering if nothing else, right? you're hot!! :)

iSarah
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Maybe a little flattering, but still makes me out as 2nd place, ya know. If they can't love me enough to only want me, then it won't work. I don't want to be someone's 2nd.

Quoting jen7289:

that had to be flattering if nothing else, right? you're hot!! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I actually had a dream that this happened to me.  LOL!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)