Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Court case was dismissed, but it doesn't stop there

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 4 Replies

So I went to court last Wednesday for nothing, my ex had gotten his income tax refund and was reimbursed for payment of health insurance by the department of Revenue.before our court date but he never reported it so the judge said it was a mute case. Since that gave him no reward the ex turns around and emails that he needed the results of my refinancing attempt for this year. Since the refinancing didn't go his way he's now threatening to take me back to court because I am not communicating with him what I want to do with our oldest daughter for summer camp. I sent him her schedule back in March 2013,he never responded and I sent the same email to him yesterday on May 28 as a courtesy. He feels the need to attempt to control my household, but it's not working his way. Get over it, get married and please leave me alone.

by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
dawncs
by on May. 30, 2013 at 7:00 AM

I recommend in the next order to keep everything in email between you two and document the emails to be used in the court order. Judges typically read the case file before going to a hearing. It would make it easier to track these things and have it thrown out of court should he be considering being a troublemaker.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

iamsunflower
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM

That's the only we communicate is via email. I'm sure the judge and the attorney saw all of my evidence, I submitted.

queensweet
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you for standing up for yourself! I am learning more and more that as a woman, you have to do what you have to do to get your respect and secure your positon, even if it is ruthless. It sounds like your ex is obsessed with making your life a living hell when all he is doing is wasting valuable he could be using to get himself together and move on to something and/or someone else. Life is too short for the BS! smdh.

queensweet
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Excellent advice! I only communicate with my ex through text.  

Quoting dawncs:

I recommend in the next order to keep everything in email between you two and document the emails to be used in the court order. Judges typically read the case file before going to a hearing. It would make it easier to track these things and have it thrown out of court should he be considering being a troublemaker.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)