Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So all of a sudden he wants to help?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:36 AM
  • 3 Replies

Poll

Question: How soon after your divorce were you able to be civil with your ex

Options:

1 year

2 years

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 3

View Results

Well my guard is up under lock and key because my ex-husband has agreed to start purchasing dog food so I can keep the dog for the sake of the children. I don't know what the h-e-double toothpicks is going on, but I am not buying it. Even though the purchase will only help a little while I save up the money to get my screen enclosure fixed I appreciate any little help I can get. He''s even getting the kids this weekend from Friday-Sunday and will keep them as long as he needs to Sunday instead of bringing them back to me Sunday at 4:30pm. Yea he still asked if I had a bug zapper that was hanging in the back yard? Why, why can't he just purchase his own? He had my daughter Skype him on her iPad so he could see the dog and talk to her. My daughter said the dog was looking all over the place for him. It's sad that he has made short term decisions that cost him his family, but me and my daughters are in a better place. My oldest even told her therapist yesterday that I had moved on, so proud to know that she see's my strength with all of this that has happened.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Swimmer123
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:08 AM
If you have moved on that's great! I think it's nice of your ex to help purchase dog food for the kids sake! I'm happy for you! Your ex has moved on also sounds like, because he's doing things for the kids without being self centered. Some men think it stops with the child support check. Your ex is going over the call of duty. That's great. My ex only gives child support. It's good he's keeping the kids longer, because that gives you time to keep moving on with your life. When I truly was over my ex I stopped talking bad about him and that's how I knew that I was over him and had moved on my heart. I could be happy for him!
AustinRonMommy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:59 AM
That's how I knew I was over my xh too. I just stopped caring about what he did. Now I only care when he lies to my sister to try and start stuff.

Quoting Swimmer123:

If you have moved on that's great! I think it's nice of your ex to help purchase dog food for the kids sake! I'm happy for you! Your ex has moved on also sounds like, because he's doing things for the kids without being self centered. Some men think it stops with the child support check. Your ex is going over the call of duty. That's great. My ex only gives child support. It's good he's keeping the kids longer, because that gives you time to keep moving on with your life. When I truly was over my ex I stopped talking bad about him and that's how I knew that I was over him and had moved on my heart. I could be happy for him!
miss_AP
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I said 1yr....but really it was less. There were a few bumps of course, but for the most part we were civil the whole time. And once the last financial thing got taken care of (the house) we are almost friendly at times. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)