Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how ...... any suggestions??

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:09 AM
  • 5 Replies
How can everything be great between me and man.... 100% on the same page no fights no problems between us.... Yet people and things keep happening and gioing wrong around us causing us problems .... We agree on everything when I comes to kids & discipline and how they act what needs worked on ..... Yet they continue to act out and not listen ... As well as my parents and them having a problem with the way we handle the kids .....

We live to close to my parents we need to move asap but I don't think we should have to why can't they just back off and understand there r boundaries and they r my kids not thiers ..... I love my parents they have done so much for me .... More then I asked of them do ....it makes everything harder ..... Idk what to do or how to handle it where no one gets pissed off to cause even more problems ....

Any suggestions??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Can you be more specific?  What are your parents having a problem with?

momsense2007
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I have been with this guy for a year and 3 months .... They have a problem with him acting as any kind of father figure to my kids cus ny dad has been the only father figure that has been there for them and they r having a problem with anyone else in the picture

Quoting tottaxi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slinkerpon11
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM

My family doesn't like any father figures that aren't actually the father. It's frustrating. Reaaaally frustrating. My sis has been with the same guy for like 3ish years and he's stepped up as dad for her 2 girls. They don't know their dads either and now call my sis s/o dad. My family doesn't respect that at all and probably never will.. Just one reason they live 2 hours away with no intentions on moving back.

tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM

My parents are kind of reluctant to embrace SO, too.  I don't know that I can really blame them, though, because my choices in men in the past has been pretty poor (obviously, since I am posting this on a divorce forum).  I think they worry about the effect my relationship will have on my son if things end up the way ALL of my relationships have gone...badly. 

SO and I are passing the two year mark which is pretty significant for me.  Usually it is at this point that I am no longer able to tolerate the guy and beginning feeling the urge to flee.

Maybe look to your own past and see if you have given your parents cause to NOT welcome this guy with open arms.  Maybe they love your kids so much that they just don't want to see them become attached and then eventually hurt when this guy is no longer in the picture.

Monsita
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Please allow yourself to feel frustrated about all of this.....it may last a long time until your parents can relax a little and TRUST your choices! Time will help, and the HAPPY new YOU with this new relationship will help too!!!!!!!

Quoting momsense2007:

I have been with this guy for a year and 3 months .... They have a problem with him acting as any kind of father figure to my kids cus ny dad has been the only father figure that has been there for them and they r having a problem with anyone else in the picture

Quoting tottaxi:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)