Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My girlsfriend's cheat on their spouses like it's nothing and it hurts my heart because...

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:33 AM
  • 10 Replies
Cheating is what made me terminate my marriage. I am so for marriage even though my marriage was not a healthy one and I decided to get out, but to see both my friends cheat on their spouses sickens me. My one friend I've known for 19 years and instead of her divorcing her spouse she cheats with multiple partners and doesn't care. Her husband suspects something is going on and has even asked for a divorce but he hasn't filed. My second friend I've known for 9 years and has decided to cheat on her husband as a way to get out of her marriage because she was no longer happy. Instead of both these women filing for a divorce they just cheat, I couldn't do that toy spouse even though he was the cheater I just decided to file for a divorce because at the point I could have easily started cheating because the marriage was over. I've tried talking to both of them but it falls on death's ear.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I don't think I could call these people "friends".  I would worry that I would be associated as being the same as they are.  You can't "fix" them.  Cheaters cheat.  I think I would probably be befriending their husbands and clueing them in as to what is going on.

gmoen1977
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM

They like what they have at home for some reason be it the money, the quiet spouse hat they don't care.  In the end they will be found out and their marriages will either end or continue as they are.  It's their lives and not yours.

i divorced my cheating x husband as well.  I even tried father the affairs to have one myself but just couldn't.  

Snowl
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I would look for better friends.

steviechick
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:11 PM

My ex cheated on me with a co-worker.  I found out just recently from my attorney that the tramp my ex left me for actually filed a paternity suit against him - thus pushing him to confront me and tell me of his affair - which he didn't until a year later.  Just goes to show the kind of lowlife my ex is with now.  Not sure why my ex's wife's (yes, he married the tramp)  friends didn't drop her for what she was doing.  However, I have no idea if what she actually told them about my marriage to my then husband was true.  They work together, so I find it odd that after three years and two kids my husband didn't divorce me.  Without knowing what my ex and his tramp were telling everyone (or trying to cover up) it's hard to say how they both got away with working for the state and keeping their jobs.  (Fratinizing and ethics codes are frowned upon with state employees).  The entire affair baffles me in so many ways.  Surely someone knew that my ex and I were still married but no one came forward with any information of the affair nor of the children these two lowlifes created behind my back.  As much lies and info that have been going on in the past five years that I know about would make the average person's head spin. 

If I had friends like this doing this to their husbands they wouldn't be friends of mine anymore.  How could you actually trust them if they can't be trusted by their own spouses?

iamsunflower
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Quoting steviechick:

My ex cheated on me with a co-worker.  I found out just recently from my attorney that the tramp my ex left me for actually filed a paternity suit against him - thus pushing him to confront me and tell me of his affair - which he didn't until a year later.  Just goes to show the kind of lowlife my ex is with now.  Not sure why my ex's wife's (yes, he married the tramp)  friends didn't drop her for what she was doing.  However, I have no idea if what she actually told them about my marriage to my then husband was true.  They work together, so I find it odd that after three years and two kids my husband didn't divorce me.  Without knowing what my ex and his tramp were telling everyone (or trying to cover up) it's hard to say how they both got away with working for the state and keeping their jobs.  (Fratinizing and ethics codes are frowned upon with state employees).  The entire affair baffles me in so many ways.  Surely someone knew that my ex and I were still married but no one came forward with any information of the affair nor of the children these two lowlifes created behind my back.  As much lies and info that have been going on in the past five years that I know about would make the average person's head spin. 

Quote:

If I had friends like this doing this to their husbands they wouldn't be friends of mine anymore.  How could you actually trust them if they can't be trusted by their own spouses?

I never said I trusted them lol, one i s my co-worker and we only hang out at work, the other one I hang out with because she's only one I've known the longest. She gets me out the house so I  don't get bored being a single parent

Plum2b
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
So, you don't like being cheated on but you hang out with cheaters to get out of the house? I am a single parent too but I have friends who are moving in the same direction as myself and doing the same things I like doing. Hanging out with cheaters can make you look like a cheater! Think about it!
iamsunflower
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I don't approve of her behavior, and I do encourage her to love her husband and can only testify to what I've been through.

steviechick
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I wouldn't be hanging out with anyone that was cheating on their spouse.  They are liars and not 'friends' in my book.

Plum2b
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:13 PM
[quote name="steviechick" id="0"]

I wouldn't be hanging out with anyone that was cheating on their spouse.  They are liars and not 'friends' in my book.

[/quote

I agree 100%! If you like hanging out with them it becomes birds of a feather flock together! If that's not in your character then why hang out with these friends? You spoke of not liking to be cheated on but you hang out with cheaters. When you hang out with them that's showing that you do approve of cheating behavior or else you wouldn't be hanging out with them. Sorry!!!
iamsunflower
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Understood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)