Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got a call from the Assistant Principal...

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM
  • 2 Replies

I got a call from my son's (he's 8 and in 3rd grade) assistant principal today.  Apparently he was written up for several things including pushing a kid on the playground and calling they PE teacher 'Mr. Stupid Head'.  When she spoke to him about his actions, he broke down and started crying and said that no one loved him.  He was talking to her about his dad moving out.  She asked if he could see the school social worker.  Of course I said yes.  Anything to help my little man!

My husband and I are going through a very amicable divorce.  He moved about almost 2 weeks ago.  We decided/told the kids what was happening at the beginning of August.

I know this is a tough transition for him and my daughter (6/1st grade).  Any thoughts/opionions would be appreciated.  I am feeling like a terrible mother right now.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Bretnasmommy
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't feel bad your doing the right thing by letting him talk with someone not involved in the situation. The best thing you can do is explain to both of them that in no way is this divorce their fault. A divorce at that age is hard I was 9 and in 3rd grade when my parents divorced and let me tell you that was a very hard point in my childhood life. And it was not a pretty divorce. Looking back I'm extremely thankful my mom got out instead of waiting. Their are friends now and both are remarried. 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Brett's mommy- March 26th, 2008
Brynna's mommy- December 9th, 2009

http://myjourneyfortheirmiracle.blogspot.com/

tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Counseling is a great idea whether it be through the school or an outside therapist.  It will give your son someone to share his thoughts and concerns that is an impartial third party.

I would like to tell you that this is all because the separation/divorce is new, but after over three years my son still has issues...mostly due his dad's victim mentality and using DS as a weapon against me.  He is still...after all this time...into punishing me rather than taking any personal responsibility for the demise of our marriage.  Hopefully if your situation remains amicable it will be easier for your little boy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)