Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So disappointed.

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:36 PM
  • 4 Replies
It just seems like every time things start to look promising, I get kicked back to reality. I've been divorced for a year and a half and I had to change jobs a year ago. I'm so tired of all the changes. I just want some stability. I'm having to go through another major change with my job in the next few weeks. I'm just so tired. I wish I had someone to lean on, just a little bit. I don't want to go through all this on my own. I want someone to share in my excitement and anticipation regarding the changes in my life, as well as someone to hold me tight when things are hard. I've dated a bit, but the guys either just want sex or they want an instant family. I don't want either. I want a healthy, mature relationship with a man that values my personality and companionship as much as my body. Why is that so hard to find? I am just incredibly disappointed with this entire phase of my life.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
zumbanerd
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel with so many changes. At the beginning of this year,  I bought a house, got the divorce all set up, moved, got a new job and everything that goes with having a child start school this year.

My new company is still going through changes and I'm working on migrating from one system to another. Change is just part of my life all the time.

Would it be great to have what you stated? Sure, but I think we are both strong enough to handle it all or else we wouldn't be in our positions now. I don't know what it is like to depend on anyone in anyway. My marriage wasn't like that. :)

When that healthy mature relationship comes, it will be like icing on the cake. In the meantime, enjoy life and do what you love to do :)

Good luck!

Monsita
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:44 AM
It can be very frustrated to go what you are going through!

I can tell you are being selected while dating to find the right person for you: which speaks very good of your own personality and goals in life.

You know what you want and though changes is right now, a big part of your life, you will be fine. Nothing last forever!

Yes! Love will find you....until then, enjoy loving you!
flika
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:10 AM
I've been divorce for a year and four months and I've met men that would asked me out but I decline. I'm not ready or they weren't the right person. It's tough, I feel I have up my standards so the possibility of ever dating again seems far fetch to me now.
I do love change but I understand the need to feel the stability. I'm finally feeling stable but at the same time it's all an illusion.
Akeso
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:28 AM

We're never happy. I feel absolutely stuck and it sucks. Been in this situation nearly 3 years. I guess you just have to realize that there is an end in sight, eventually.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)