Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will my divorce ever really be over?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:06 PM
  • 3 Replies

A divorce that started over a year ago, is still going. After a CFI investigation I am now on to a PRE investigation...what next? Even if I do get more time with my son when this is all said and done...will I end up going back to court for years to come? I've heard horror stories of people living in the court room. And dealing with a super controlling, abusive ex husband is just the worst ever. I've about had it up to my eyeballs with all this drama. Will it ever get better? Not so sure....

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

My divorce took three years.  In and out of court on a regular basis for needless bullshit because of ex's inability to read and comprehend the court order for custody (custody was determined after one year at trial by a judge) and then his attempts to rape me financially for the next two.  All his game playing accomplished was a shit ton of legal fees for both of us.   It took so long to resolve our financial portion that the judge actually granted the dissolution of marriage before the financial agreement was determined.

Since the whole deal was finalized we have not been back to court although ex has filed for modifications (and therefore additional hearings) for stupid shit, but withdrew them at the last moment.  I am sure there will be other hearings in our future, so I continue to keep very good records and document everything and keep every email and text. 

When you have children the divorce is never truly final.  You always have to deal with the ex because of the children.  And if your ex is an asshole that uses the children to seek some sort of sick revenge then there will always be something to deal with.

Once you have your agreement signed by the judge be sure to follow it to a T.  No exceptions in order to be "nice".  It will come back to bite you in the ass.  Follow the order as written.  Make sure that neither of you bend or break those rules.

So while the divorce may eventually be final, the business of custody NEVER ends.  It is now a business situtation and you have treat it as such...forever.

brandnewSha
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:32 PM
well said! I said the same thing to my coworker, if you have kids it's never over.

I found an article in Redbook where the author complained about how hard divorce is...Her ex settled to pay the mortgage so his kids wouldn't have to move, he pays her support so she can stay sahm because they agreed is best for kids. And she writes an article that get divorce was hard!! Could u imagine?? SMH

Stay strong OP!
WVMamaMia2Three
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Just when I thought mine was taking forever..He initially filed back in July. We had a court date in November but he was arrested the night before and was unable to attend but since he filed it was dismissed @@ I filed the same day (after court). He has yet to be served because he is hiding out. He has accumalated a total of 9 warrants since we seperated. Real WINNER!!! However his hiding will be found soon enough!! Dont post pictures on facebook thinking I wont figure it out moron .... sorry my vent

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)