Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad Day

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:02 PM
  • 4 Replies
I've been at my new job for 3 weeks and I think I have the boss from hell...I'm in payroll and still learning stuff and she yelled at me for making a mistake. I took it personally which I know I shouldn't but it's a lot to learn in a new field.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ivf_blessed
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:35 PM

A boss should not yell at their employees - ever.  It's unprofessional and counterproductive to the desired result.

Have you revisited the mistake with her after giving her time to calm down?

Good luck!

tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Jan. 9, 2014 at 3:10 PM

It's been my experience that a job requirement for being a boss is that you have to be an asshole.  Your boss certainly fits my experience!!  There's no getting away from that since there seems to be bosses like that working for every employer, so you just have to figure out how to get along with her.  When she jumps you about something just say sorry and that it won't happen again.  Don't try to justify it or explain...I find that that makes it worse and gives most an inflated ego...something they don't need.

Don't take it personally.  She doesn't know you and you don't know her yet.  Just be the best employee you can and fly below her radar.  Remember that you are there for the money, not to make friends.  It'll make it easier.  Just smile and make them think you love your job and can't wait to get there the next day.  Then go home and relax and if you need to you can come here and vent!!!

Tyler_mom1996
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 6:45 PM
I just spoke with a co-worker and she said that the boss was very hard on her when she first started and many times she would have to take trips to the bathroom to compose herself, at least I know it's not me it's just the way she is....
WVMamaMia2Three
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 6:30 AM

tsk tskOn your boss...

Sorry you are having a time. When I was learning my new postion, I was taught QTIP. Quit Taking It Personal. Easier said then done but just a thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)