Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seperating

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:40 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hi ladies,

Im newly single mom of 3, my husband and i are seperating (not legally Yet) we want to see if a spark comes back with us before we decide to divorce, i do love him he just doesnt feel the same anymore. Im still living in our home til i can get a full time job and work to get my own place. This has been so hard because i been so depenant on him the last 6yrs since i been raising our kids. But im gonna prove to him and everyone else that i can do this and be strong about it. I have been dealing with really bad depression and am now on meds which are working for me!  I just would like to meet some friends on here that are in the same sitution as me. Also we get along just great so we dont fight like normal couples would.

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Akeso
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw sorry to hear that. Being dependent on someone is the pits, but that's the "contract" you make when you have kids, ya know? The man is supposed to suck it up and take on the responsibility so it pisses me off when I hear they want to bolt because the spark is gone - for the moment. It's what you make it. Every marriage goes through good and rough patches. Anyway all the best to you, knowing you can do it is half the battle. Being strong about it is also very admirable!

Leo1987
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Thank you! :)

Monsita
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Nice meeting you.

Hugs!

Hope you two can work things out....
KW123
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Being financially depenant can be very hard. Hopefully, you can make money some here & there before you find a jod.

ivf_blessed
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Welcome to the group. I'm glad you have found something to help you with your depression and I hope your husband is willing to start counseling.

How old are your kids? What kind of job are you looking for? Is your husband paying you child support?
Leo1987
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes he paying child support, i have a 1yr,4yr and 5yr. Right now im looking for any job i can get really. Im also finishing my online schooling so as soon as im done ill be a certified vet asstiant.

Sunshyn1838
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Congratulations to you for taking classes while taking care of 3 kids under 5! That's a huge accomplishment and I hope that encourages you to start being independent. If it's in God's will then you two will make a way. If not, let this be the beginning of a new life...good luck!
jewelbugs78
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I can relate to  you  bc I was  dependant on my  ex as I  was a SAHM for over 10 years . I was over 100 pounds over weight and getting fatter .I  lost my confidence, my identity, my self esteem was at an all time low . I felt trapped there  was also alot of other things going on in our marriage . I also havethree  kids andthe choice to  leave was  very hard but it was for the best . I admire that you are in school and I'm sure you will have  no problem getting ajob after you complete your schooling.

kh4irish
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Did he ever consider that you are just plain exhausted???You are a very busy mom taking care of 3 young children, and you don't have the spark for him?  Really?  Tell him to get a reality check.  Pamper yourself. It is obvious that he is too selfish to consider anyone other than his own needs...At least now, you come first for yourself.  Through time, you will see that he is the one with the problem; not you, although it is so easy for him to blame you.  Tell him to Fxxk off.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Good for you, good luck, you just work on feeling better, and take care of yourself, if he decides he still loves you, fine, you deserve to be loved either way. I am also separated but still sharing the house, so I know how weird it can be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)