Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Medical Insurance "issue"

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:52 PM
  • 2 Replies

My ex has finally given me info regarding insurance through his employer. He has always included my oldest (who is not his biological son) when getting insurance through his employers over the years. This is the first job ex has had that we have not been married when he enrolls the kids on his insurance.

I went & picked up the papers to fill out (cuz let's be honest- he will screw something up, plus I have the social security numbers). I just flat out asked "Am I including Ryan (oldest) on this?" & he said yes because he is his son. Well my "issue"/concern is- what if his insurance company finds out? DS has ex's last name (he was not adopted, he had a legal change of name from my maiden name to my married name when he was 7). I just don't want insurance fraud to come back & bite me in the butt ya know.

So, knowing that DS is already covered under state assitance medical insurance AND will be 18 next week... would you include DS on the paperwork?

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Is your DS going to go to college?  If not, then I would probably not include him since he is so close to being eighteen.  If he is going on to school then I would just call the insurance company and find out if he can be included. 

Do you know how long he will be able to be covered under the state assistance medical insurance?

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Yes he is going to college in the fall. And I just found out in Ohio he can be under "my" state insurance until age 22! I already gave the ex the papers back without DS's info. IDK why but I just felt weird giving him "access" to my DS' ssn! Especially after hearing ex's GF loses stuff.

Quoting tottaxi:

Is your DS going to go to college?  If not, then I would probably not include him since he is so close to being eighteen.  If he is going on to school then I would just call the insurance company and find out if he can be included. 

Do you know how long he will be able to be covered under the state assistance medical insurance?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)