Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Long but advice/opinions needed

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:38 PM
  • 2 Replies
I need advice/opinions. Boy... Do I hate dating! I met this guy about 6 months ago and I admit, I fell hard. Well, harder than I should have lol. He is my ultimate dream man. We casually dated for about 3 months or so and when I realized the feelings I had for him, I told him that if all it was ever gonna be was casual then I needed out, because my feelings were growing and I didn't want to end up hurt. He said he wasn't going to hurt me, he wanted more, and once his work schedule slowed down we could go there (which with his job, is totally understandable). So fast forward to Easter-ish. Well the week after. I'm on FB and the people you may know pops up and Bam! There he is. He reactivated his FB. Cool. I sent him a text and told him to add me please and some other cutesy stuff that I always say. Well, turns out, he had been hiding a big part of his life from me. I didn't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out lol. So it rocked on about a month of total silence from him, so I texted him and told him that I knew what was up, and I didn't understand why he hid it because it isn't a big deal and that the thing that bothered me the most was his silence because he said he didn't wanna hurt me but that was exactly what was happening. That was about 2 weeks ago and I have still heard nothing. Maybe he is dating someone else? But we met on a dating website and he still logs in every day...? A girl tagged him in a FB pic a few days ago but idk if she is a friend or more? I'm so hurt and confused!
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

How can you possibly be confused?  It's pretty clear to me and I am sure you have only given us a brief overview of the situation.

This guy needs to be dust in your rear view mirror.  Don't contact him any more.  Block his calls.

In the words of Maya Angelou "When people show you who they are, believe them them...the first time."

Monsita
by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 6:46 AM
His silence says it all.

Him hidding a big part of his life from you, RED FLAG.

Him not returning your texts after you told him, to you it is not a big deal that for 3 months he hid a big part of his life; says one thing, and one thing only: you are willing to overlook that, and it makes you look, less atracted to him. Sorry!!!!

Quoting MomOfTwins789: I need advice/opinions. Boy... Do I hate dating! I met this guy about 6 months ago and I admit, I fell hard. Well, harder than I should have lol. He is my ultimate dream man. We casually dated for about 3 months or so and when I realized the feelings I had for him, I told him that if all it was ever gonna be was casual then I needed out, because my feelings were growing and I didn't want to end up hurt. He said he wasn't going to hurt me, he wanted more, and once his work schedule slowed down we could go there (which with his job, is totally understandable). So fast forward to Easter-ish. Well the week after. I'm on FB and the people you may know pops up and Bam! There he is. He reactivated his FB. Cool. I sent him a text and told him to add me please and some other cutesy stuff that I always say. Well, turns out, he had been hiding a big part of his life from me. I didn't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out lol. So it rocked on about a month of total silence from him, so I texted him and told him that I knew what was up, and I didn't understand why he hid it because it isn't a big deal and that the thing that bothered me the most was his silence because he said he didn't wanna hurt me but that was exactly what was happening. That was about 2 weeks ago and I have still heard nothing. Maybe he is dating someone else? But we met on a dating website and he still logs in every day...? A girl tagged him in a FB pic a few days ago but idk if she is a friend or more? I'm so hurt and confused!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)