Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce & Starting Over Divorce & Starting Over

Well tottaxi it all worked out... I think

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 1:49 PM
  • 3 Replies
Oldest DS (not ex's) text ex this morning. Ex replied "thanks. U coming to the cookout?" DS questions me. I honestly had no clue about it. DS text him back asking what time. Ex says at 5 when I pick the kids up.

So DS is going over there too. I'm gonna be nice & give ex til 8. Although since DS can drive I might tell him to have everyone home by 930.
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tottaxi
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:04 PM

So he is picking the kids up at 5pm?  When does his visitation time end?  Think twice about being nice.  It will just prolong his understanding of the whole following the local rule thing.  And you know where nice guys finish....

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Well he gets off work at 5. So I know that he won't be here AT 5... it's 5:06 right now & he isn't here. I understand what you are saying. But the kids just found out they are seeing their dad today & I know if they are there for just an hour I will be the one they are mad at. Never mind that they have been making snotty remarks like "It's about time we get to see him" & "Oh... because it's Father's Day NOW he wants us?". Plus it really doesn't make sense so to speak for me to go get them when their big brother will be there & he can drive them home. But I will send a nice email reminding him that I didn't HAVE to let him have them past 7pm & I am doing it for the KIDS & not him. And that's it's only them & himself he is hurting by not seeing them more often.

Quoting tottaxi:

So he is picking the kids up at 5pm?  When does his visitation time end?  Think twice about being nice.  It will just prolong his understanding of the whole following the local rule thing.  And you know where nice guys finish....

tottaxi
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this

And be sure to remind him that Father's Day, just like every holiday, comes regularly each and every year and to plan accordingly IN ADVANCE.  That this was the one and only time you will be stepping outside the local rule.

Quoting CampClan:

Well he gets off work at 5. So I know that he won't be here AT 5... it's 5:06 right now & he isn't here. I understand what you are saying. But the kids just found out they are seeing their dad today & I know if they are there for just an hour I will be the one they are mad at. Never mind that they have been making snotty remarks like "It's about time we get to see him" & "Oh... because it's Father's Day NOW he wants us?". Plus it really doesn't make sense so to speak for me to go get them when their big brother will be there & he can drive them home. But I will send a nice email reminding him that I didn't HAVE to let him have them past 7pm & I am doing it for the KIDS & not him. And that's it's only them & himself he is hurting by not seeing them more often.

Quoting tottaxi:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)