Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do regarding child visitation

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:38 PM
  • 4 Replies
A few months ago, my husband announced he wanted a divorce citing irreconcilable difference although it's obvious he blames me for everything. Accuses me of being a bad mother and wife. Well soon after that, he cut me off from our joint bank account, and cut off my phone service. I moved out with our two little boys on the advice of law enforcement when a domestic dispute arose between his mother and i, yes she was living with us...bad move. Now, the only money i have is what little i make in my hobby, and money family and friends have helped with. He promised many things like leaving me the car, giving me the money for the kids and giving me time to get back on my feet. None of that happened. He got upset that i put him on child support so that's why he cut my phone off and said i would receive no more money from him for the kids. Never mind the fact that both he and his mom threatened to take the kids away from me. So i refused him access to his kids although he thinks it's because I'm angry at the fact that he's having an affair which he denies. I don't care about that,i just don't trust a man who threatens me. And now he wants me to leave him the kids on weekends. Am i fool to comply for the sake of the kids?
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Have either of you filed for divorce?  Has he been ordered to pay child support?  If so, is this child support deducted from his paycheck?  How long have you been married?  What are the ages of your children?  Is there a temporary custody order in place?

Goobergal
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:57 PM

you won't win any points keeping the kids from him.  RUN, do not walk to an attorney and seek restraining orders and custody/visitation orders

princessmom2005
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 3:03 PM
You're not a fool to comply for the sake of your sons. You need to get to an attorney and get a custody order in place.
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Sep. 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Since you don't have any court orders in place you aren't really violating anything by keeping the kids from him.   HOWEVER, you should know that doing so will not put you in a good light when you do go to court.  Visitation and child support/copays are separate issues.  He can be ten years in arrears in child support and will still legally be able to take his visitation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)