Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just curious

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:21 PM
  • 4 Replies

How long should an individual going through a divorce wait to date again? We signed the papers last month so the divorce is going through. I was just curious on how long I should wait before either one of us starts dating again. I don't think he'll date while we live in nebraska but I know if we lived in Utah, he would be dating who he cheated on me with. What's the average time for divorced people to date? Or does it vary with each person? Thanks ladies! 

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Hiker11
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends. We haven't even filed yet and my husband started seeing the girl he had an affair with. (He took a one month break from her). I am giving myself at least a year before I even think about dating. I want to focus on myself during that time so that I can have a healthy relationship with someone else.
RadnRem
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 9:47 AM
This.

Only I'm thinking of a 4-5 yr wait on my end.

Im just reaaallly over having a man in my life at this point. And my youngest is only 2. It just freaks me out to bring a "stranger" around my boys, especially one so young.

Quoting Hiker11: It depends. We haven't even filed yet and my husband started seeing the girl he had an affair with. (He took a one month break from her). I am giving myself at least a year before I even think about dating. I want to focus on myself during that time so that I can have a healthy relationship with someone else.
kacb12
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I think it varies from person to person and even in a person. We haven't filed yet either and my husband has started dating again. I go back and forth with wanting to start dating again and having someone to share my life (lonelieness is hard!) with to wanting to have "me" time and focusing on myself. I also have fairly low self confidence and am super shy, so I woudln't even know how to start dating!  

tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Sep. 24, 2014 at 10:44 AM

My biggest fear was continuing the pattern of chosing assholes.  I wanted to take time out to fix whatever part of me was broken that caused me to be attracted to a certain type of man.  The thought of going through all of this again made me not too eager to date at all.  I just didn't trust myself to be a good judge of character.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)