Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've been MiA for awhile but here's n update

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:33 PM
  • 3 Replies
I'm so frustrated. We have been in marriage counseling for a couple months now. The counselor and my husband get along great! Ha! Her husband is retired navy. My husband is navy. The first thing this bitch asks about is my husbands career or his thoughts about whatever is going on in Navy. So fuck marriage counseling and fuck her. She totally takes his side. Makes everything like our problems is the age difference and I'm not as "intellectual as him". It's fucking bullshit. I'm so frustrated. I tried and I'm fucking done.
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Can you tell us a bit more?  What in the hell makes him "more intellectual" than you?  How would she even know that from your sessions?  What IS your age difference? 

The whole Navy connection...is she projecting her experience with a Navy man on to your situation?

You should probably bring our newer members up to speed on your situation.

What is your plan at this point since the counseling is not working?

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 2:19 AM

I am curious as well, sometimes counselors go many weeks just trying to make men feel comfortable.

Fayanne
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I worked my way through three counselors before I found one that I clicked with.  You should not be paying $$$$ per hour to listen to Navy stories. That's unprofessional of her.

I tried going to the dh's counselor... twice. That ass let the dh rip me to pieces in front of him, and never even so much as said anything about the dh's behavior, attitude, disrespect, even though it was obvious I was melting into an emotional puddle in front of them both.

Last counselor.. she and I just clicked. And did open my eyes a bit.

Just have to ask.. are you looking at things as objectively as possible? Is she really siding with him, or are you just too close to the situation to be able to look at it more realistically?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)