Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is depressed

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:00 AM
  • 4 Replies
overspring break since the kids were on vacation I went to stay with my sister for a few days. While I was there I let the ex take the kids early,in our paperwork it says he can have them Thursday till Saturday but he took Wednesday off so he could do something at the DMV so I let him have them when he was done. I always encourage the kids spending time with their father so I was glad he got the extra time. But when he brought them back on Saturday my son was crying,wouldn't let his dad go,and begging to go with him s dad. I was heartbroken. He's never like this at drop off. I guess he just got so used to being withhom so much,which was a good thing but also very bad because ever since he has been home he has been very sad.
It's also started to affect him at school. On his report card his teacher said he is doing great academically but he cries for no reason and yells at kids who he thinks look at him wrong. I'm trying to get him into therapy through the school,hopefully this will help him.
I'm so angry and sad formy son. He's been handling all this really well and it breaks my heart that he misses his dad so much. I just wish I could do more for him.
He just turned 6 by the way
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:42 AM

I'm sorry, I know it must hurt so badly to see your boy unhappy. The good news is your ex is an involved parent, how wonderful! Maybe you can have your ex facetime or skype with him, divorce is hard on kids and your boy is a sensitive one, could there be something else going on at school?

tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:41 AM
3 moms liked this

Not that I always want to be Negative Nancy, but is it possible that dad is doing some alienating?  My ex says things like "I'm only happy when you are with me."  "It's not fair to us that mom destroyed our family so we can't be together."

DS feels responsible for dad's happiness.  Ex has tried to place blame solely on my shoulders.  ANY prolonged time with dad creates a situation similar to what you are dealing with because of the parental alienation crap that ex lays on him. 

Is your son sad because he is worried about his dad's feelings?  Does he think that it's his responsibility to keep dad happy?  Guilt can be a heavy weight.

Fayanne
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:01 PM

look into counseling to help him sort out his feelings

Nicholy10
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:51 PM

Is he in therapy? I am so sorry. 

¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
*`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥
☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥
Join Us At Mental Illness Support & Awareness
*******for information, friendship & support********
**********See you there********!
‎(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥ *`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥
☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/119824

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)