Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG he's becoming a big boy now! LOL

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:03 AM
  • 6 Replies
Last Saturday my ex asked me to grab a drink with him. Thinking it was going to be a "pity me" party I made sure I drove myself (verses letting him drive like he suggested) & that it was at a bar I knew & was nearby incase it was a pity party & I wanted to leave immediately.

Let me say I was not expecting him to have nothing but positive things to say. His GF (the one he left me for) is moving out of their apartment & it's his as of the 1st of June. He has a new job NOT in fast food & it pays great, there's incentives, & he really enjoys it. Top that with it pays weekly so supoort will be coming weekly. And once he's caught up with his errears it will actually be the full amount! And to top that off... he took the initiative to ask me for the kids' socials so he could get insurance started on them. This is something he would usually ask me to do for him.

The only thing he needs to work out now is EOWE. But he's the new guy so that isn't an option yet. BUT we did talk about the summer & when he lets me know his days off he can have the kids. And since he will get off work as late as 9pm he could come get them after work & keep them over night.

I can't believe it took 40 years & 2 failed relationships for him to finally grow up.
by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on May. 18, 2015 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

This is great news!!!  I guess having your GF dump you for a woman will serve as a wake up call!!!

For your sake I am really glad to hear that child support will be more regular now.  You've always been very willing to work with him on the scheduling and he has been the one to screw it up.  Don't be too quick to be accomodating.  Make him prove that this new transformation is the real deal before you do. 

CampClan
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2015 at 10:01 PM
Oh I absolutely have no intent of accomadating him unless he makes reasonable notice. I made this clear when he told me he wasn't getting his EOWE for awhile.

So another shocking turn of events (not that I'm going to help him) but he had problems getting the other child's social from the exgf in order to get insurance through work. So now he wants to file for his rights (which I've told him to do since before the baby was born) & he needs to find out how to get his name on the child's birth certificate. I told him he should go to the courthouse & ask.

Quoting tottaxi:

This is great news!!!  I guess having your GF dump you for a woman will serve as a wake up call!!!

For your sake I am really glad to hear that child support will be more regular now.  You've always been very willing to work with him on the scheduling and he has been the one to screw it up.  Don't be too quick to be accomodating.  Make him prove that this new transformation is the real deal before you do. 

tottaxi
by Battle Weary on May. 20, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Is he giving her any type of child support?  Honestly, if she doesn't want him to have any rights he would be better off (at least financially). 

CampClan
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2015 at 11:06 AM
He has been since the child was an infant. She filed for support back then because at the time he was telling her he wanted to be with me & work things out. Which I completely understand WHY she did it. And at that time I was already gettin g support for 3 of our 4 kids because we weren't living together & I was on assistance so I was forced to file. Neither of us had an issue with that then. I'm glad I did it then too. After she filed for their son I added our youngest to the case.

That poor kid is going to be messed up without my ex in his life. Exgf is verbally abusive to him (according to ex who has been physically abused by her). Plus ex says anytime he goes to see the kid he's asked where our kids are! So he has this great relationship with my kids & I have a feeling she will brain wash him into believing my kids aren't related if ex is not around. And ex already knows I'm not going to reach out to her for squat. Oh! And he's asked me to be beneficiary of his insurance policy through work because he knows I will see that his child gets something if something happens to him. He had to "fight" her to get the kid's social so he can add him to the insurance so he's going to give the info to me so if needed I can set up an account for the kid.

Quoting tottaxi:

Is he giving her any type of child support?  Honestly, if she doesn't want him to have any rights he would be better off (at least financially). 

CorpCityGrl
by Member on May. 20, 2015 at 1:56 PM

That is great news! Progress!

tottaxi
by Battle Weary on May. 20, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Gosh.  He is sounding quite adult!

If he's already paying CS then he needs to have a custody agreement.  That is what the deal was with my SO...he was paying support, but at bm's mercy for visitation.  SO went for sole custody and got it.  Tell your ex to get his shit together for the sake of that child.  And go for more than he even wants so that he comes out well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)