Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Attention New Members! Please introduce yourself here!!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2016 at 4:13 PM
  • 202 Replies

Cafemom likes each forum to have a post where you can give a brief introduction of yourself when you join a forum.  Since the subject matter here is a bit more sensitive than many forums it would be wise to use caution when posting about yourself and your children, etc..  Think twice before using your real name or that of your ex/stbx and your children.

If you feel comfortable enough to share how you came to seek out this forum please share that here.  In a separate post of your own it would be great if you would go into greater detail so that we can understand your specific concerns as you consider divorce, begin the process or deal with the aftermath of the divorce and child custody issues.

Welcome to Divorce and Starting Over!!

by on Jan. 2, 2016 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2bapril
by New Member on Sep. 29, 2015 at 7:20 PM
4 moms liked this
Mom2bapril- major custody, legal issues. Trying to understand the law in AL. All attorneys seem to be about the money not truly my case so far. I'm out of money and still no court date has been set.
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Sep. 29, 2015 at 8:05 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm glad to see that you joined our group!  If you can make a separate post and give us the details we may be able to help you to understand a bit more about custody.

Ladies, I encouraged Mom2bapril to join after seeing her post in Custody Issues.  She needs a Custody 101 course from people who live it!

Quoting Mom2bapril: Mom2bapril- major custody, legal issues. Trying to understand the law in AL. All attorneys seem to be about the money not truly my case so far. I'm out of money and still no court date has been set.

STBSingleMom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2015 at 12:34 PM
4 moms liked this
I'd say welcome to the group but the circumstances that each of us face that drove us to join aren't ones to celebrate. So, instead I will just say that the women here are amazing and we'll do our best to help you navigate a difficult time!

Quoting Mom2bapril: Mom2bapril- major custody, legal issues. Trying to understand the law in AL. All attorneys seem to be about the money not truly my case so far. I'm out of money and still no court date has been set.
SassyLeigh
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2015 at 6:14 PM
3 moms liked this

My husband told me that he thinks the marriage is over Friday. He's been out of the house for two weeks, staying with a friend. I want this to work, and have realized my own faults but he says he's just done. He doesn't want to try. I don't know what to do or where to start. He needs to take more responsibility for the kids. He's living the bachelor life right now, while I feel like I'm overloaded with responsibilities and emotions.

hollywilliams81
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2015 at 8:08 PM
3 moms liked this

My name is Holly. I am newly separated after being married to my husband for 4 years. I am in desperate need of support and/or advice. I feel like I do not know my husband anymore, he has completely turned on me through all of this & is a totally different person. We do not have any legal children together, however, when i met him he had a 10 month old little boy who he had been raising on his own. His little boy's bio-mom left when he was 3 months old & never came back, never called, etc. so I started raising him as my own & to this day he does not know that i am not his bio-mom, he is now 5 years old. My husband will not let me see him. That is a long story. I hope I can give advice to others here also!! Thanks for allowing me to join your group!!

TerriAnne2606
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 2:29 PM
3 moms liked this

Hi - new to group - trying to get away from an abusive husband with.  He's very charasmatic and not physically abusive so people don't believe me.  Although, he's been divorced 3x already - yup should have been a red flag - and does the gaslighting on me ALL the time, sexual, emotional, financial, technological abuse (he doesn't have access to this computer).  We have 4 kids - 3 boys (26, 25, 24) and 1 girl (5).  Boys want nothing to do with him at all.  SO much so that when I did get away for a bit before losing my job his son (the 25yo) lived me me and not him.  He's psychotic.  Mean - keeps threatening to take our dd and disappear, tells me if I don' t give him all my $ and put out for him, he'll kick me out....  I tried calling resources in the area, but if he hasn't beaten the crap out of me, they won't help.  Surely there's somewhere, someone who can help??? 

SBS121975
by New Member on Oct. 28, 2015 at 2:04 PM
3 moms liked this

Hi....considering divorice have 1 little and am just not happy I haven't been for years....just starting this thought process. ugh

tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Oct. 28, 2015 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, ladies.  It's weird to "like" your posts, but I wanted to draw you back to your replies and to let you know that we try very hard to be supportive here...no bashing is tolerated, so post without fear.

Your backgrounds are all a bit different from each other, but not unlike many of us here.  Please let us know how we can help.

TerriAnne2606
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I just need to know how to keep us safe. His screaming, it's never my fault, I'm a paragon of virtue thing is starting to wear on me - now he's picking up DD at schoot and is refusing to pick me up - my car was repo'ed recently since i was paying all of HIS bills... of course, the fact that he missed a truck payment AND a house payment and is over 3 months late on the gas, water, electricity and suck, means that I'm a bad person - not him....OMG - I'm not even making sense today.  I'm terrified, broke, and worried that the only reason he's picking her up while i'm stranded is so he can run and disappear with her.  Is there any help out there?

ElizaMarie85
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I go by Eliza now, thank you for welcoming me, I made a seperate post with a brief rundown on what brought me to this group. Thank you for having me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)