Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Attention New Members! Please introduce yourself here!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Cafemom likes each forum to have a post where you can give a brief introduction of yourself when you join a forum.  Since the subject matter here is a bit more sensitive than many forums it would be wise to use caution when posting about yourself and your children, etc..  Think twice before using your real name or that of your ex/stbx and your children.

If you feel comfortable enough to share how you came to seek out this forum please share that here.  In a separate post of your own it would be great if you would go into greater detail so that we can understand your specific concerns as you consider divorce, begin the process or deal with the aftermath of the divorce and child custody issues.

Welcome to Divorce and Starting Over!!

by on Jan. 2, 2016 at 4:13 PM
Replies (201-210):
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Feb. 14, 2018 at 9:53 PM

Please post this along with as many details as you are comfortable sharing in a separate post.  This is just a membership post required by CM.  You will get more responses.  It sounds like you have a real mess happening...do you have an attorney?

Quoting Im-1strongmom: Hello- I have an 8 year old son and a 3 year old daughter. Also, one on the way. I came here to look for advice from someone going through the presumed father keeping the kids from you. We abruptly moved from one state to another state where his parents live. My children were already there initially to visit. Well a month ago i came back to our home state to gather the rest of our belongings and go back when I get my refund. Well their presumed father is now my ex because he no longer wants a relationship. On top of me being in another state he is trying to cut me from my children's lives. We were never married. I raised those children mainly by myself because he was in and out of jail for 9 1/2 Years. Now he wants to use them as a weapon against me.

Im-1strongmom
by Member on Feb. 14, 2018 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
It is a very messy situation. I am not able to afford one at this time but have been getting as much advice as I possibly can out of free consultations. Waiting for my refund so I can.

Quoting tottaxi:

Please post this along with as many details as you are comfortable sharing in a separate post.  This is just a membership post required by CM.  You will get more responses.  It sounds like you have a real mess happening...do you have an attorney?

Quoting Im-1strongmom: Hello- I have an 8 year old son and a 3 year old daughter. Also, one on the way. I came here to look for advice from someone going through the presumed father keeping the kids from you. We abruptly moved from one state to another state where his parents live. My children were already there initially to visit. Well a month ago i came back to our home state to gather the rest of our belongings and go back when I get my refund. Well their presumed father is now my ex because he no longer wants a relationship. On top of me being in another state he is trying to cut me from my children's lives. We were never married. I raised those children mainly by myself because he was in and out of jail for 9 1/2 Years. Now he wants to use them as a weapon against me.

Newlife1012
by New Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello. My name is Debby. I am new here. Looking for advice and friendship.
momma_stillings
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi, I'm Ashley. I'm 26 with 2 amazing children, Aleister (5), Phoebe (4). I've been trying to get divorced for about a year and a half now. It's Been a big complicated mess and it's finally coming to an end here soon, fingers crossed.
amyabc
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi.  I'm 12 months into a horrible divorce process. We were married for 15 years and we have two sons, 12 and 13 years old.  I was a say at home mom for several years so he has substantially more money and he keeps filing motions against me so that I run out of money.  The legal process is so financially and emotionally draining.  I'm looking for support and guidance from others and hope I can share some of what I've learned along the way.

NakitaMarie
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2018 at 4:25 AM

Nakita--Major custody issues, legal issues. Hoping to gain some insight into the process since I am not sure of what all they are here in Ohio. I have 1 daughter from my marriage she is 9.

tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Mar. 4, 2018 at 4:36 PM

Welcome!  If you feel comfortable with sharing information, please create a separate post outside of this introductory post and tell your backstory and feel free to ask any questions.

Quoting NakitaMarie:

Nakita--Major custody issues, legal issues. Hoping to gain some insight into the process since I am not sure of what all they are here in Ohio. I have 1 daughter from my marriage she is 9.

SissyAnn141
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2018 at 12:14 AM

Hello i am sissyann.

I am in my fifties and live in N.C.

k.sweet1985
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2018 at 11:53 AM
Hi there! I'm Katie. Newly divorced (Feb 27th 2018) but have been seperated for almost 4 years. Me and the ex have two sons ages 9 and 10. I joined the group to get help with moving on from all of this. It was a pretty yucky divorce.
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Mar. 12, 2018 at 5:02 PM

Welcome, Katie!  Please post separately from this introducton post so that we can understand what you've been dealing with in your "yucky" divorce. 

I have a ten year old, too, so we have something in common.  How arethe kids dealing with all of the changes?

Quoting k.sweet1985: Hi there! I'm Katie. Newly divorced (Feb 27th 2018) but have been seperated for almost 4 years. Me and the ex have two sons ages 9 and 10. I joined the group to get help with moving on from all of this. It was a pretty yucky divorce.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)