Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Justice!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:51 PM
  • 2 Replies
Justice exists! The ex has been using the court system as both a means to dodge CS, and a means of harassment. Well, he has FINALLY been found in contempt of our divorce decree, and will be heading to jail ASAP if the noncompliance continues! Long overdue. Further, the bogus contempt charges against me were tossed out! Denied. FH attorney had the audacity to state, "We do not have ANY evidence, but my client would like the court to find her in contempt anyway." Unbelievable! Now, FH resorts to harassment outside of court: calling 911 on me after he behaved in a threatening manner toward me, attempting to change the parenting plan outside of court (threatened another motion if I don't forfeit my weekends for his, at his whim), had the new wife come to court & request I pay their attorney fees-- a request that was promptly (& thankfully) denied. FH spends so much time and resource attempting to assassinate my character & punish me, yet he has failed miserably for nearly five years. I've never been better: better quality of life, self-respect, new friends, bright future. I wish he would leave me alone already, comply with CO; perhaps the threat of incarceration will be the wake up call needed...
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:17 PM

I'm so glad the judge decided in your favor!!  How long does ex have to comply?

Now, more than ever, I think you will really have to document everything and definitely only communicate in writing.  Do you do your exchanges in person?  I want you to be really careful.  When they feel they have lost they sometimes really up their retaliation efforts.  You may need to consider a restraining order.  Now would be a good time to get it since a judge could connect the dots between his harassment and the court decision.

Smilesunshine66
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:08 PM

Thank you, he has less than one month to comply, and the clock is ticking. I spoke to law enforcement agents and they claim I do not have enough for a restraining order, unfortunately. The ex has not been physically abusive, and is smart enough not to leave a paper trail of threats. I do not engage him during exchanges, but this last time I fell for a manipulative tactic: he berated the kids while in my front yard, and they were defenseless.  I will definitely be extremely careful, and document every infraction.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)