Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

M so nervous about this divorce

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:02 PM
  • 12 Replies
As u guys know my husband wanted divorce but i was clinging on to him,begging him to restart our relationship.
Everytime he msg me at work saying i need to sign divorce paper quickly.
So i told him we will get 50/50 custody of baby and i asked for alimony etc...but he says i dont get alimony coz m working.
So next month he is taking a month vacation to our country to meet his potential wife or fiancee.
He was chatting with one of our common friend and she showed me d msg.
Right now he is in heaven,feeling so happy thinking m going to sign divorce paper.
So now my question is if i dont agree to divorce,how long csn i stretch this process...
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grneyedormom
by on Dec. 14, 2016 at 12:02 AM
It would probably be in your best interest to at least, consult with an attorney in regards to the process. Get some recommendations for the divorce, child support, alimony and custody.
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Dec. 14, 2016 at 9:47 AM

I agree with grneyedormom.  You must see an attorney...especially when you mentioned "our country".  You have to have provisions so that you hold the child's passport and that he can not just take him and leave and run the risk of the child not being returned.

Alimony...have you been married a long time?  Usually one must be married for ten years (although I have seen someone receive it after being married for eight years) to receive it.  It will be calculated in such a way that your income may or may not be a factor.  Most likely it will not.

Custody and divorce papers need to be very detailed.  Vague orders will create problems in the future so you want as much detail as possible.  Could you share the papers he is wanting you to sign on here (redacting your name, etc.)?  We can get a better grasp of his agenda that way.

Amala650
by Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 11:43 AM
We r married for 5 yrs.
strawberrylibra
by on Dec. 14, 2016 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

why are you agreeding to 50/50 custody right off the bat? I would fight to have more time

goldpandora
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 12:07 PM

Does he intend to go back to your country to live there after he gets married? If so, how are you going to be able to share custody of a baby? How old is the baby?

Amala650
by Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 12:59 PM
He is not going to leave US he is a citizen,he wants to go to our country next month as a vacation but his intention is to look for his future wife.His cousins are helping him to introduce some girls for him so he can get married to her.
Amala650
by Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 1:04 PM
If he is stupid he will marry her and he will be in trouble and if he is smart he will keep in touch with her till we get divorced.
But i dont want to make too easy for him.He cant treat me like a doormat.
Amala650
by Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 1:05 PM
If he is stupid he will marry her and he will be in trouble and if he is smart he will keep in touch with her till we get divorced.
But i dont want to make too easy for him.He cant treat me like a doormat.
M4LG5
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 1:20 PM

You've gotta consult with a lawyer.  Just signing something without putting your arrangements in writing is quite dangerous.

Iguessiwasbad13
by Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 1:46 PM
He's not even divorced and looking for his next wife?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)