Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Twins' birthday coming up - working together

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:46 PM
  • 3 Replies

Our twins birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks.  He technically has them this year for their birthday but I had hoped that he would want to collaborate and not do something separate so that we can both celebrate their birthday ON their birthday.  My ex is not a planner.....he is more of the impulsive guy that thinks about RIGHT NOW and not what is happening 2 weeks from now. 

So, I emailed him and asked what he had planned for their birthday since it's technically his day with them.  He didn't have a clue.  He hasn't been talking to them about it either.  Fortunately, I have.  They love going to the movies and are eager to watch The Guardians of the Galaxy (2).....me too!!!  I'm going to confirm with them tonight and get the list of kids they would like to invite. 

Honestly, though there are A LOT of things we do not agree on, I'm thankful he isn't excluding me on this one.

by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:12 PM

That's great! 

STBX and I never do separate things for DD's birthday and have always done them together. Even when we pretty much hated each other and could barely be in the same room together. It was always easier and DD was happier that way. 

I'm glad that he's including you!

StillKyliesMom
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:25 PM
My ex was at DD's birthday party this year because she asked and he told me he was paying half. He showed up but guess who still paid the whole bill. Grrrr. Next year I think we are going to go away for a special weekend trip rather than a party.
soccer711
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:20 PM

My daughter's birthday is coming up next month.  My ex gets visitation for 3 hours so he takes her to his brother's house and they have dinner and cake there if it's a Wednesday or happens to fall on his weekend anyway.  If not, he just has cake with her and gives her her presents.  My mom and I have cake with her after her visitation.  This year, my daughter's birthday celebration will probably include her uncle (my brother), aunt (my sister-in-law) and her little cousins (my nieces) as they're moving back to New York next month. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)