Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car help!!!! Cross post

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:48 PM
  • 3 Replies
Alright, I need a new car. I've had the same car since high school and it's just, it's on it's last run with over 200k miles on it from all my east coast road trips it's a Toyota Camry. I'm looking to get a pick up, I really like the Dodge Ram because it can seat 6.

I need educated , factual comparisons on Dodge Ram, Ford F-150 and Chevy Silverado -

Wouldn't mind hearing your personal experiences with any of the 3.

I won't be buying a 2017 tbh - prob 2014-2016 . I want something that lasts me decades, can handle long drives, lots of hauling and moving, flood waters and swap / muddy roads.

We live in Florida now so I'm not worried about snow anymore , used to live in New Jersey .
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
XO.__
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:19 PM
Bump
Fayanne
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:15 PM

I have an F 150 and I love it!

First question... can you afford a truck?  tires, shocks, gas, oil changes, EVERYTHING is more expensive.

SO drives a Chevy.. I love my Ford. It wasn't the one I planned to buy (I bought used, and will only buy used unless I win the lottery) but when I saw this one.. I had to have it. Yes, I bought it just based on looks. He's a die hard Chevy guy,.. I'm a Ford girl, although he does admit he'd go for a Black Ford Raptor.

Mine's a 4 door.. lots of room for pets, saddles, grocercies, stuff I buy at Home Depot, but it does have a slightly shorter bed. Rear seat has plenty of room for adults.

Definitely get a bed liner.

I tow with mine. DD just got a 'newer' used F150 for herself, apparently the newer ones already have an integrated brake control for towing.

Mine is VERY comfortable to drive.

The only issue I have ever had is that there is a leak from the third brake light, the travels in along a channel and then leaks in over the rear passenger seat. Been to the dealer twice and they still haven't fixed it.

In this part of horse country, most people don't buy Dodge.. they seem to have a reputation among horse people for not towing well, but my Ex FIL pulled a camper with a Dodge that had a hemi in it, with no issues as far as I know.

Did I mention I just love my F150?!

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

Fayanne
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:16 PM

FYI - my Ford could seat six, if you flip up the center console.. but it would need to be a skinny person...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)