Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Standing for your marriage?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:02 PM
  • 11 Replies
Has anyone ever heard of this? How many of you have done it and reconciled your marriage after divorce? I am just curious. I just learned about this. I had no idea it was a thing. Please share your experience or thoughts on this. Thanks,
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soccer711
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:22 PM

Just the thought of remarrying my ex makes me sick.  I, personally, don't know anyone who's reconciled with their ex after a divorce.

Fayanne
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:24 PM

ex and I split for about a year, and were working on a legal separation when we decided to give it another shot. A few years later, the divorce was underyway anyway.

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

menopausalpaula
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:22 PM

I am standing for my marriage but we have not seperated or divorced yet. The third counselor told me I should consider divorce because I am miserable and my husband has checked out.

MysticLove
by Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 5:15 PM

Ex and I tried again and that only lasted a couple months. 

cowboygal
by Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 5:25 PM
Ex husband and I remarried. We were divorced a year and 3 months and separated a year before divorce was final before we got back together. We have been remarried 2 years after dating a year.
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2017 at 8:59 AM

I had a client that remarried her ex, they are still together in their old age.  My sister recently remarried her ex as well. In my sisters case she divorced him because of his alcoholism, they reconnected at a funeral 10 years later, he has been sober 7 years, and now they are expecting their first baby, I am so happy for them. So, it's very unusual, but if there is still love sometimes it can work.

mary716
by on Apr. 26, 2017 at 9:02 AM
Not in this group but the title caught my attention. My sister and her husband separated for over two years and were about to start the divorce process, they got back together and are now happier than ever. It's like they just needed that break away from each other to work on themselves
Goobergal
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2017 at 8:30 AM
I'd need mental health help immediately. LOL. Nope don't anyone like that.
Drummerslady
by on Apr. 27, 2017 at 8:35 AM
My ex is currently in a mental ward because of his choices. I attended his wedding two weeks ago. His wife is scared for her life. He claims its because he was almost raped in jail. Sorry but i met him in a gay bar and caught him multiple times screwing guys....
belle2780
by on Apr. 27, 2017 at 8:36 AM
I haven't been divorced, close but we work it out. However my grandfather and his second wife have married and divorced each other 5 times in their lives. They finally learned how to take timeouts from each other when they were angry after getting married a 6th time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)