Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex-husband is batsh** crazy! Like seriously!

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2017 at 12:05 PM
  • 10 Replies

LOL, first of all I totally feel like a fan girl saying 'Like Seriously'

OK here goes. 

My ex-husband is crazy. In January he elbowed me in the throat and poured gas on my car. I called the cops and had him arrested. 

Fast forward a few weeks. Early February he broke the back window in my car, stalked me, called the cops on me and I called the cops again, got a warrant out in his name for violating the protective order that was put into place after the January incident. 

Luck found me then and a mutual friend of ours that knew what was going on got him a job about 200 miles away. The only communication was random emails/texts for a good 2 months. 

Until one day he got arrested for a small baggie of weed in his car which he was living out of said car. 

He spent about 4 months in jail, 2 weeks for the weed, then 2 weeks waiting on being transferred back to our home city to serve the time for violating the protective order. Then he was sentenced to 300 days in jail and served half that time. 

After he got out he started sending me harassing emails, about 10-15 minimum a day. All about a car that I owe him in the divorce (long story, basically I have to give him the title once it's transferred to me, however the title hasn't been transferred to me yet. he knows exactly where the car is). He rarely asks about the kids, hasn't paid a penny in child support. All he cares about is the POS car that he had while he was working that 200 miles away. 

About a week after he got out of jail he tossed the keys to the car at his mom and checked himself into a mental institution (where he belongs) where he's pretty much been since then. However, he still has access to his cell phone and his email. 

I changed my #, moved and have done everything possible to protect myself from this. 

The emails continue 15+ times a day, all about the car, now his new things are he's spoken with a detective at the auto theft division and he's reporting his car stolen (I'm not in possession of car at all. He knows exactly where it is) and that I'm harassing him. I called MHMRA # and spoke with a representative. I gave him my ex's name and DOB and asked to file a complaint about him. The rep told me 'He can't confirm or deny that the patient is at one of their locations but if he is he will gladly relay the information'

So because I made 1 phone call I'm allegedly "harassing him". and because I can't wave a magic wand and make a title appear out of thin air I'm allegedly "stealing his car" 

So I printed out every single email he sent me and the very few responses I've sent back. I've printed about 6 JUST from this morning about 5 hours ago.

The stack is about 1-1.5 inches high. I'm going to be filing a harassment complaint against him today and following up on getting a 2 year protective order. 

I have a feeling that this will never stop. I've decided that once the title is transferred I'm going to block him 100%.  

by on Oct. 11, 2017 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Oct. 11, 2017 at 10:37 PM

Wow.  Like seriously is right.

It seems like you have a great case against him. As crazy as he is he will undoubtedly violate the protective order again.  Maybe next time they will make him serve his entire sentence.  

Is there any way you can just take the kids and disappear?  File for a name change?  Too bad they don't have a witness protection program for escaping ex husbands!

alexsmommy51405
by Member on Oct. 12, 2017 at 8:33 AM

I'm very seriously considering taking the kids and disappearing and changing our names. 

However the weird thing is as of noon yesterday he's disappeared. Not a single email since about 12:06 pm yesterday. I'm so relieved. 

Quoting tottaxi:

It seems like you have a great case against him. As crazy as he is he will undoubtedly violate the protective order again.  Maybe next time they will make him serve his entire sentence.  

Is there any way you can just take the kids and disappear?  File for a name change?  Too bad they don't have a witness protection program for escaping ex husbands!

tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Oct. 12, 2017 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

This is either excellent news or very scary news.  Be careful and alert.

Quoting alexsmommy51405:

I'm very seriously considering taking the kids and disappearing and changing our names. 

However the weird thing is as of noon yesterday he's disappeared. Not a single email since about 12:06 pm yesterday. I'm so relieved. 

Quoting tottaxi:

goldpandora
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2017 at 12:07 PM

I was thinking the same thing as you ...

Quoting tottaxi:

Quoting alexsmommy51405:

Quoting tottaxi:

alexsmommy51405
by Member on Oct. 12, 2017 at 1:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Just to put both of you at ease, I have multiple layers of security at home. The divorce decree says that he isn't to find out my address, so unless someone he knows relays that information to him (I haven't given out my address or phone number to anybody) OR if he follows me I'm safe. 

I'm getting so used to all of this BS that I'm constantly at alert. My dog barks at night and I'm up instantly watching my security cameras. I have a loaded gun in a gun safe by my bed that will open with just a touch of my index finger. I also keep a large machete next to my bed. 

I'm as well prepared as I can be. And I'm always watching and waiting. 

Quoting goldpandora:

Quoting tottaxi:

Quoting alexsmommy51405:

Quoting tottaxi:

mimi0815
by Member on Oct. 12, 2017 at 10:15 PM
Good gracious and I'm mad at my soon to be ex for coming back 30min late with our daughter. I need to tell him thank you tomorrow for being sane. Hugs to you and be careful.
goldpandora
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad to hear that but ... goodness ... nobody should have to live like that. Be safe. 

(((((HUGS)))))

Quoting alexsmommy51405:

Just to put both of you at ease, I have multiple layers of security at home. The divorce decree says that he isn't to find out my address, so unless someone he knows relays that information to him (I haven't given out my address or phone number to anybody) OR if he follows me I'm safe. 

I'm getting so used to all of this BS that I'm constantly at alert. My dog barks at night and I'm up instantly watching my security cameras. I have a loaded gun in a gun safe by my bed that will open with just a touch of my index finger. I also keep a large machete next to my bed. 

Quoting goldpandora:

Quoting tottaxi:

Quoting alexsmommy51405:

Quoting tottaxi:

Fayanne
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 6:14 AM

agreed!  Stay safe!

Quoting goldpandora:

I'm glad to hear that but ... goodness ... nobody should have to live like that. Be safe. 

(((((HUGS)))))

Quoting alexsmommy51405:

Quoting goldpandora:

Quoting tottaxi:

Quoting alexsmommy51405:

Quoting tottaxi:

Smilesunshine66
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2017 at 1:03 PM

Please be safe! I’m so sorry that you’re dealing with this abusive behavior. I agree with everyone else— stay alert.

teal.blaze
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 12:41 PM

Unless the title to the car is in your name, and they catch you in possession of it, they can't do jack about it anyway. Who's name is the car under?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)