Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dealing with my ex husband's wife

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2017 at 5:55 PM
  • 24 Replies

She's 20 years old and expecting their 2nd child. She came to pick the boys up about 10 minutes ago and she was so rude to me I wanted to smack her. She was complaining because I didn't have everything ready for the boys to take to their dad's and she told me to get their stuff so they could go. I gave her the stuff she needed and she gave me the dirtiest look and said that I'll need to come pick them up on Sunday she won't be dropping them off. I don't really care I'll go pick them up and the thing is he wasn't even with her she was by herself with their baby in the van. She was putting my youngest son in his car seat and she says leave me alone I know what I'm doing to me. 

by on Dec. 8, 2017 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kns2004
by Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 5:57 PM
I wouldn't deal with his bitch. If he wants the kids he can come and get them!
brianalandanny
by Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 6:08 PM

Oh she has the worst attitude ever. My ex is trying to get custody of the boys too, my oldest already wants to move to his dad's.

Quoting kns2004: I wouldn't deal with his bitch. If he wants the kids he can come and get them!

Iguessiwasbad13
by Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 6:10 PM
She has no business being there alone. I'd put a stop to that right now.
brianalandanny
by Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 9:15 PM

Yeah he won't come because he doesn't like being near me.

Quoting Iguessiwasbad13: She has no business being there alone. I'd put a stop to that right now.

Iguessiwasbad13
by Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 9:48 PM
Then he doesn't get them.

Quoting brianalandanny:

Quoting Iguessiwasbad13: She has no business being there alone. I'd put a stop to that right now.

goldpandora
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm curious as to what your sons take with them to their father's? I ask because he should have just about everything they need to stay with him at his house.

STBSingleMom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

What's in your court order? Mine was very specific in that regard - only he or I can do the custody exchanges. He only has a 15 minute window (if he's late, he forfeits the day). And if HE isn't going to be personally caring for our child, then it has to be a mutually-approved sitter (the only mutually approved sitters are my parents, who live out of state and DS's Godmother and her husband - who has never actually sat for DS).

If your CO spells this stuff out, stick to it. It's not about what makes your ex comfortable - it's about the kids. If she's making a scene in front of them, just cut her out. 

The law varies from state to state. In FL, stepparents have no rights (nor do grandparents or other relatives) to timesharing. Unless otherwise spelled out in the CO, they are not exempt from ROFR (meaning, my ex can't say, Well, my wife was watching DS so I didn't have to offer ROFR). FL is VERY narrow in scope, and the law says that, unless there is a safety issue, the presumption is that it's in the child's best interests to be spending time with one parent or the other.

My ex is remarried and her name is not on the mutually-approved list, nor do I intend to add her (they've lived together for 2 years and she has refused to meet me, as required by our CO before they can move in together, and my DS has told me some troubling things about her - plus she's a bar rat like my ex, and I want to minimize as much as possible DS's exposure to alcoholics). 

Quoting brianalandanny:

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 12:05 PM

Oh brother, what a dumb woman. She should be making friends with you, not annoying you.

anonomomma
by Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 12:33 PM
I am a b*tch. I would text ex and let him know that after today you will no longer be providing items for his household and he needs to have things for the kids at his house, unless your CO says otherwise. Of its too much of a hassle for her to wait a few minutes while you make sure they have everything, then she is welcome to buy everything they need herself. He should have everything he needs at his house anyway.
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Dec. 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM

That's not being a bitch.  That is refusing to be a doormat.

Each home should have whatever it takes to care for the child/children.  NOTHING should be sent to the other parent's house because it is a recipe for disaster.  Whatever clothes the kids come home in are the clothes they return in.

Eliminate the need for contact by setting specific and never changing times for pick up.  You should pick up when you take possession.

Quoting anonomomma: I am a b*tch. I would text ex and let him know that after today you will no longer be providing items for his household and he needs to have things for the kids at his house, unless your CO says otherwise. Of its too much of a hassle for her to wait a few minutes while you make sure they have everything, then she is welcome to buy everything they need herself. He should have everything he needs at his house anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)