Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

serving soon why it this a dangerous time?

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2017 at 12:10 AM
  • 2 Replies

I was just reading a post by JoGibson and you gals were saying that it is a very dangerous time after serving. could you please give me some guidance. 

I already filed  a criminal DV report ..

I will have to respond to his separation paperwork he gave me in 2014 ( working on that now) and in the response aske

for divorce(paperwork ready) the police have told me if he starts to behave in a way that causes me fear to call them and he will be arrested due to the report.

but I get the feeling there is more advice to be had 

please help

by on Dec. 21, 2017 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Dec. 21, 2017 at 7:27 AM

Most narcs don't respond well to someone going against their agenda. Some react violently and it is often their knee-jerk reaction to people defying them.

What are these almost four year old separation papers and is it really necessary to respond to them if you are filing for divorce?  Sounds like just more bullshit.  Is this the big "deal" he was making to stay together until the children are adults?  Were these papers through the court system?  I'd probably just torch those.  You don't want a separation period.  You just want a divorce.

cie
by Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 10:16 AM

Yes I have to respond that is what the court says. In California a separation is good for 5 years so I need to respond and make a motion for the court to by pass the separation request from him and let me file my divorce papers..I agree it's a pain but it makes sence you have to clear up one issue and say you  disagree and request what you do want

he is probably going to flip out for sure.because this is nothing he thought would ever happen and I am asking for EVERYTHING he vowed he would never give me (as if it is solely his decision)

Quoting tottaxi:

Most narcs don't respond well to someone going against their agenda. Some react violently and it is often their knee-jerk reaction to people defying them.

What are these almost four year old separation papers and is it really necessary to respond to them if you are filing for divorce?  Sounds like just more bullshit.  Is this the big "deal" he was making to stay together until the children are adults?  Were these papers through the court system?  I'd probably just torch those.  You don't want a separation period.  You just want a divorce.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)