Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2017 at 5:47 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hi everybody, my name is Emily, I'm 24 years old and currently 14 weeks pregnant. I should say also that I'm recently divorced and still trying to adjust to it. I would like to know how did you all cope with it and when your divorce was finalized were any of you pregnant?

Hope you all have a great day today and Merry Christmas to you and your Family,

Emily

by on Dec. 23, 2017 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 6:59 AM

Welcome! I'm much older, 59, my kids were grown before I separated, I think you and I have some big advantages over these other members who are going through hell dealing with divorce and minor children, it isn't easy! I hope your pregnancy goes well and things will start to look up, there are so many wonderful things in store for you! 

Fayanne
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 12:08 PM

welcome.

call me curious or nosey... or both.

recently divorced... how long did the divorce proess take? and 14 weeks pregnant..?? You had sex knowing you'd be divorcing soon?  or is there more to the story.

I was married 27 years before my divorce hit the fan, so luckily custody, time sharing, etc were not huge issues. My kids were teens when it all started, and are all adults now.

As others have suggested, get yourself a real life support circle, especially with people your age, and with very young children.

my coping devices included a 'head down and plow through' mantra. I knew I was capable of suppporting myself, even if I had to start over again.

good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)