Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stressed and Depressed... STILL

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2017 at 3:29 PM
  • 3 Replies

I divorced my daughters father in May of 2005. I am stillllll so angry at him. There was so much abuse, mostly mental and psychological, and I try so hard to do what is best for Emily, MY daughter (sorry, I am venting) to not taint the well, but it is so hard when I see him pick her up, randomly, as his stomach can deal with it, as he isn't too tired, after all the abuse, and after all the bs, I am still angry, and have no one to vent to. Not really a support system yet.  I am really struggling with him and Emily spending time with him, and my fears getting the best of me.  I am not ready to start over in dating yet, I just want the bond back that my daughter and I had before everything went awry. I feel like I am losing my daughter.... it's so damn complicated. Sorry for the hideous vent.

by on Dec. 27, 2017 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Dec. 27, 2017 at 4:23 PM

Can you provide some details?  How does he pick her up randomly?  What is your court ordered visitation agreement?  Does he not follow that?

How old is your daughter now?  You mentioned elsewhere that she is mad at you for allowing him back and forth into your life.  What does that mean?  How do you feel like you are losing your DD?  Is she wanting to live with her dad?

Oliviasmom72
by Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 10:07 AM

You have been split with him for 12 years? Time to move on. How old is Emily now?

Fayanne
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 11:55 AM

age of dd?

define "randomly picks her up"

let me guess... he's the Disney Dad who showers her with all the fun stuff, and you're the stick-to-the-rules-and-I-can't-afford-that mother?

If her relationship with her father is otherwise healthy, let it go. The anger you hold against him isn't doing him any harm, and it isn't doing you any good.

LET IT GO.

get counseling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)