Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my Narc husband knows I have an attorney and he is trying to push my bottons

Posted by   + Show Post

STBX just found out today I have hired an attorney . I am filling out paperwork to get back to her. So he knows I hired one and of course hit so many buttons in about 15 minutes I actually lost count. His narc ways came out in full force started with how I am ruining the lives of our kids to how he regrets being nice to me on Christmas because obviously I did not appreciate it..WTF.??!!  I responded to a couple remarks then caught myself and told him I have been advised to not engage in talks with him unless it's about the kids and he should probably text me..He is scrambling God I can feel the stress ..He asked me to leave our home.he wants the house and the kids...I just ignored him and left the room. I told him if a judge orders me to go I will.  So he leaves and comes back later with this smirk on his face..like he has some great inside information..it's California I don't think the court cares about a smear campaign it's a no fault state and there is nothing on me anyway...but you know how they lie...sure hope I don't have to go down that road...

He says he will write up a proposal for me and if I fight him on it it will be war..oh yeah he also has my former therapist writing up a stress release for him to be off work for a couple weeks to a month...I feel like going to see her and setting her straight on a few facts but not sure if that's even worth it..any advise is much appreciated 

by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 9:58 PM
Replies (11-11):
cie
by Member on Jan. 13, 2018 at 7:15 PM

LOL good to know I am playing it right..I finally realized he can say all he wants about me..it's California and we have been married 19 years I get what I get and get rid of him case closed..He just got served 2 days ago and truly think he is in shock accompanied by me saying "NO "or "you can't make that decision " I don't think I have ever DIOBEYED until now. He actually called off work and took to bed for a few hours..he has cut me off financially and my court date is 3/21 so it's gonna be rough but I am still pressing forward 

Quoting Goobergal:

Donโ€™t go running to right lawyer for everything.  People said this to me a lot. Um, his objective was Tom have me run thru the retainer.  Play it cool. Ignore.  I used to enjoy ignoring him and heโ€™s went ape shit.  Best feeling ever.  Like playing chess and outmaneuvering him.  Key to divorcing and winning is not money, property or tangibles.  Itโ€™s winning custody, driving them more bat shit and keeping yourself sane and respond8ng with reason rather than emotion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)