Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is hard to post

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 12:45 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hello I have been thinking about leaving my husband I am no longer in love with him back in 2011 he sexually salted me me and cheated on me we went to counseling and he changed but I'm still haunted with the memories of what he did to me we have two children together and that's the only reason I stayed I just can't get over what he has done to me I have no help nowhere to go no one to turn to you're asking for advice my children are the only reason I am here
by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Seashell77
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 12:58 PM

Quoting sabrinamomof206: Hello I have been thinking about leaving my husband I am no longer in love with him back in 2011 he sexually salted me me and cheated on me we went to counseling and he changed but I'm still haunted with the memories of what he did to me we have two children together and that's the only reason I stayed I just can't get over what he has done to me I have no help nowhere to go no one to turn to you're asking for advice my children are the only reason I am here

I'm so sorry you are going through this trauma. It's hard when the one who you trust and love does that. It is hard to work through. The good thing is your husband has changed. Have you both tried marriage counseling?  Or individual for you to work through the trauma you experienced? 

sabrinamomof206
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 1:00 PM
We did back then but it's getting harder to cope with what he has done every time he wants to be intimate it just brings back memories I have no desire to be intimate with him I just don't know what to do I have nobody
sabrinamomof206
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 1:02 PM
He gets mad every time I don't want to go to the bedroom and then he's in a bad mood takes it out on me like there's something wrong with me like it's my fault
Oliviasmom72
by Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

First of all I am sorry you are gong through this. Have you talked to your family about this?  You need friends and family to help get you through this.

Start making an exit plan. Hopefully you have a job. Where would you live? I wouldnt be intimate with him anymore. i would just avoid him and act civil for now until you decide to make your move.

good luck

sabrinamomof206
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 5:30 PM
I have 2 children with him and I do not have a job I don't have help with a baby sitter for my kids this whole thing is so hard and mentally exhausting thank u so much for the advice
sabrinamomof206
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 5:31 PM
I am going to talk to my parents about maybe moving in with them
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Jan. 21, 2018 at 4:22 PM

BUMP!

soccer711
by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 3:07 PM
Do you have a women’s shelter nearby that can help you or can you go to your local chapter of CAVA for help? In my area there’s a women’s shelter as well as CAVA that’s 20 minuets away from where I live. The women’s shelter near me can help you if you’re still with your abuser. I guess they hide you and your kids somewhere your abuser wouldn’t think to look for you. I couldn’t get any help because I had already left my ex, but this may be beneficial to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)