Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dh of 13 years (been together 15 years) decided he no longer wanted to be married.  He has made all sorts of claims that I don't appreciate him, I made all the decisions without including him, I'm not the person he married, etc.

He said all of this 6 months AFTER he left.

He told me none of this while we were together.

If I lead with my brain, I can see how little he thought of me.  He belittled education while I worked on and completed both my bachelor's and master's degrees.  He thinks that every issue should be handled by me until he doesn't like my decision.  He never thanks me for anything I do, while I was very verbal in my appreciation for him.  He never stood up for me with anyone.  He was never grateful for anything I or my family did for him or our family.  He never did anything around the house, even the things he agreed to do.  I handled everything. 

I should be glad to be able to move on and do things my way.

But I am heartbroken.  I want my marriage, I want my children's father there for them every day.  I miss my husband and best friend.  I love him, even though he has broken me.

Why?

by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 3:03 PM
Replies (11-11):
luvtohunt
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 11:30 PM
This could absolutely have been written by me. I just found out today that my husband of 13 years wants a divorce and he told my 10 year old daughter before he told me!

In a way I feel relieved, but I am mourning what I thought we had and the family I wanted for our kids. I mis him as my absolute best friend even though I don’t know who he is right now.

I am hoping time fixes this hole in my heart.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)