Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Juicing For Detox

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 7:09 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 262 Total Views

With this year coming to a close.. I've realized that me and my kids have been consuming to much JUNK... sugar and other types of bad things.  I'd like to juice for detox perposes. It has to be save for a child who is 2 as well.

What kinds of thngs should i be putting in my juicer?

Candice- Mom of 3 beautiful children! K (Jan 01) E (Feb 06) M (Oct 09) In Training to be a Post Partum Doula (Ancient Comfort Doula Services) I am a babywearer, a breastfeeder, a farm living, dog loving, spiritual being. I believe that all children have the right to WHOLE bodies, and free health care. I am Canadian who is spiritually married to a Funny, Sweet Frenchman whose cooking is food for the soul. My blog is 3 Kids Then Me  Check it out.

by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Juniper53098
by Group Owner on Jan. 2, 2012 at 11:31 AM

beets are great for detoxing, but you shouldn't use a lot, especially for a little one.  But, if you're still nursing, you don't want to do any type of detox.  The toxins will end up in your milk.  (That's the ONLY reason I want my DD to wean, but we're in no hurry.)  But, concentrating on a veggie diet - no meat or dairy will detox your body.  Eggs are OK in moderation.  Fruits are good, but you don't want too much, eiher.

MyIslandGirls
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I have weaned my youngest he is now 27 months old and I weaned him at 24 months.

I may be pregnant though.. I am waiting to test until my period is late (that will be on Jan 8th)

I just need to help get the overload of sugar from the holidays out of our systems

Juniper53098
by Group Owner on Jan. 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM

If you're not pg, you can try a juice fast.  That will go a long way toward detoxing.

MyIslandGirls
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Not pg. Phew!

I'll be trying the juice clense soon

randomosityblog
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM

How did it work out?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)