Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Tell Us About Your Family!

Posted by on May. 11, 2011 at 5:26 PM
  • 307 Replies

How long have you been a stepmom?  How many stepchildren do you have?  Do you have other children as well?  Tell us about YOUR family!

family in the van

by on May. 11, 2011 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PageKing
by on May. 12, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I have been a stepmom for a little over 10 years!

I have one SS

I have 2 DD's

I have a wonderful husband who has a heart problem and is due for a 4th open heart surgery.  He has full custody of his son who has autism.  We have 2 beautiful daughters together.  All three of my children are special needs.  I work full time 68 hrs a week because my husband can no longer work.

ShannaBee
by on May. 12, 2011 at 3:42 PM
5 moms liked this

Me and my husband, Michael, reconciled our relationship in 2008 after being seperated for nearly three years. During our seperation he got a girl pregnant so when we reconciled I became a stepmother. I've been a stepmom for three years now. I have one stepchild, a boy. Earlier this year on January 26th I had my first biological child. My stepmom journey is filled with drama, tears, stress, smiles, and laughter. It's not always bad nor is it always good. But it's the life I chose because I love my husband so much. Without him I would not have the beautiful little girl that I have.

nikkidunbar617
by on May. 23, 2011 at 3:32 PM
4 moms liked this

I have 2 boys. They are everything to me! 1 is 4years old and the youngest in 11 months. The 4 year old is my husbands child but I love him as if he were my own! I just hate alot of the drama that comes along with being a step-parent.confused

nikkidunbar617
by on May. 23, 2011 at 3:33 PM

That is so sweet! Congrats on your lil girl!!!

ReneeCT
by on May. 23, 2011 at 6:07 PM

I have 2 children of my own and since January of this year I have 6 step children.  I work part time, 16 hours a week.  Its not always sunshine and roses around here but we really have blended into a big family well so far.

ReneeCT
by on May. 23, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Adorable kids!!

i_love_cows
by on May. 25, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Wellllll.... Lets see... I married my hubby almost 7 years ago... (June 5th is our 7 year anniversary)  So, I have been a step-mom for about 7 years...   My step-kids are grown up now.  My step-son Sean is 23 and getting married next year in May  :)....   And, my step-daughter Alisha, is 30....   

There have been lots of frustration and struggles i n the last 7 years... But, finally they have become grown ups and they love me.  I have always loved them and tried to treat them the same as I would my own boys... I have 2 biological sons... Travis will be 18 in June and Matt will be 15 in June...

Sean lives in Ohio, close to Cleveland... Alisha lives in California, around Lake Tahoe... (North)   

So, anything else you would like to know, please ask...

have a nice weekend                        MANDY

KeishaGlenn
by on May. 25, 2011 at 1:24 PM
I have been SS's SM for 2 years, his mother figure for almost 5 years. I have 1 SS and 1 Ds with another baby on the way
RobinEsMommy
by on May. 25, 2011 at 1:26 PM

hi, i'm Melissa, i have been a stepmom for a little over 9 years, we have been married for over 7 years, his son is 9 years old he is nice and very shy, he seems to be allowed to play video games and watch t.v. non-stop at BM's, we dont allow hours of constant t.v. time and video game playing here so he dislikes coming to our house for long amounts of time.... we have a daughter together who just turned 7 years old she is very smart and loves to read, she gets along with kids of all ages. My husband has joint custody of his son we see him every other weekend, the kids get along pretty well, they have always played well together. there are some issues with BM, she continues to treat DH like he is a child, he was only 15 and she was 19 when their son was born which was soo wrong on her part, he has been more of an adult than she has been for the last 9 years.... but we take it one day at a time and we try not to let her negativity and rude behavior harm our family.

SWGA_Mommy
by New Member on May. 25, 2011 at 1:59 PM

I have been with my fiance for a little over 6 years.  No we are not married yet, but I have been raising my SS for 5 years now.  We have full custody.  We also have 2 girls together, they are 3 and 8 months.  BM is not in the picture at all now.  The last time we saw her was in June 2009,  when we had to have her arrested for trying to kidnap SS.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)