Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Hello All!

Posted by on May. 27, 2011 at 2:35 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hey guys! My name is Amy and I'm a step mom! I have 2 girls of my own, one from my previous marriage and one from my current. I also inherited a very brilliant, funny, and strapping 11 year old boy whom I love dearly. My new husband and I dated for 4 years before we got married this Valentine's Day. I was able to get to know him off and on in that time and we have recently been able to have him with us more often and more regularly. We get along great now but it does feel much differently with him than my own girls. I worry that while things are going pretty smoothly right now, what is yet to come and how do we deal with it when issues do come up. It will be very nice to get to meet and share with all of you and I am looking forward to being part of your group! 

by on May. 27, 2011 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mallowcup17
by on May. 27, 2011 at 2:40 PM

welcome to the group!

nmaxwell816
by on May. 28, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Welcome to the group!!

DeeMarie11
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:04 PM

It sounds like you have some wonderful feelings for your step son.  That is so great.  I am happy for you that you got married.  Congrats.  There will be tough times.  Let your husband do all the discipline and just be a friend.  I wish I would have taken that advice a long time ago.  If you have a good relationship with him, don't try to be his mom, he already has one of those.  Be his friend and talk with your husband about concerns and let him be the dad.  Gosh this sounds great on paper.  I wish I could constantly follow my own advice!

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Do you realize you are bumping old posts from over two years ago?

Quoting DeeMarie11:

It sounds like you have some wonderful feelings for your step son.  That is so great.  I am happy for you that you got married.  Congrats.  There will be tough times.  Let your husband do all the discipline and just be a friend.  I wish I would have taken that advice a long time ago.  If you have a good relationship with him, don't try to be his mom, he already has one of those.  Be his friend and talk with your husband about concerns and let him be the dad.  Gosh this sounds great on paper.  I wish I could constantly follow my own advice!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN