Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Beating them at their own game

Posted by on May. 30, 2011 at 1:21 AM
  • 31 Replies
What have you done to get even with bm when they cause drama. Would you do it again. Women can be very creative when they are fighting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 30, 2011 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LizzieJane
by on May. 30, 2011 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a long mental list of things I would like to do to retaliate for all the grief she has caused DH and I. BUT I've always thought that the best revenge is to live a good life. She makes it clear that she is consumed with jealousy, so the more I ignore her and live my happy life, the more it eats her up. I get more long-term satisfaction out of letting her exact revenge on herself by obsessing over us in her own mind than I ever would by doing anything specifically directed at her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AustinsMama1226
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2011 at 10:22 AM

As much as it kills me, I am nice....!!!  That bothers her more than me getting angry.  For instance, every time I get my DSD's pictures taken, I give some to her, even though she doesn't appreciate it.  But my mom brought me up with morals and values so....I'm nice!!!!

nmaxwell816
by on May. 30, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I haven't done anything in particular.  I would love to do some many things but most of them are illegal..lmao!  I think the worse I did was send home DD in the most ridiclous outfit.  She's 4 and I let her pick her clothes with some influence from myself.  You shoulda seen her mom's eyes when she came home!! 

jessiesluv
by on May. 30, 2011 at 12:04 PM

I have found that when bm knows she is getting to you, she will push 100 times harder. But, if you dont let her know, dont retaliate and kill her with kindness, it aggrivates her even more!

closetmom
by on May. 30, 2011 at 1:09 PM

What specific drama does BM cause? What do you want to get even for, what has she done to you?

Genice6
by on May. 30, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Im all for living the good life as complete torture for the bio moms that are consumed with jealousy and hatred.  Fueling their drama makes them feel they matter so don't do it!devil

lilangilyn
by on May. 30, 2011 at 4:19 PM

I think Karma comes round soon enough and as far as doing anything directly to her goes, I never have, and I never will. But I do make jokes about her to DH and to my friends. I do learn everything I can about dysfunctional people so that I can be prepared for anything she might do and help DH deal with her.

I do dress very nicely and hold DH's hand when we go to functions where she might be.

But I really do that not to bug her, but because I want to show our community that DH is a prize and that I am blessed to have him.

mallowcup17
by on May. 30, 2011 at 4:52 PM

i just ignore her and pretty much always have. at one point she was sending inventory of everything she was sending so to be a b*tch i did send an inventory sheet back pointing out that i had washed all the clothes SD had come in and we had actually added socks and other little things to her bag. that irritated her but thats really about it. me being with DH is usually enough. 

LizzieJane
by on May. 30, 2011 at 5:19 PM
I'm sorry, but this made me LOL. Our BM once sent nasty notes in SDs bag for SEVERAL visits demanding that we locate and give back ONE sock that SD5 was missing. I eventually went and bought an entire package of socks and included the receipt for $3.99 or whatever when I sent it home with SD5.

Quoting mallowcup17:

i just ignore her and pretty much always have. at one point she was sending inventory of everything she was sending so to be a b*tch i did send an inventory sheet back pointing out that i had washed all the clothes SD had come in and we had actually added socks and other little things to her bag. that irritated her but thats really about it. me being with DH is usually enough. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on May. 30, 2011 at 5:21 PM

ya that was basically the beginning of the issue we had "lost" one shirt or something and she was pissed even though if i remember correctly it was 2 sizes too small to begin with(BM is a bit of a hoarder so this train of thought is commonly dealt with)...ya she has never sent any lists since. 

Quoting LizzieJane:

I'm sorry, but this made me LOL. Our BM once sent nasty notes in SDs bag for SEVERAL visits demanding that we locate and give back ONE sock that SD5 was missing. I eventually went and bought an entire package of socks and included the receipt for $3.99 or whatever when I sent it home with SD5.

Quoting mallowcup17:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN