• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM called once on SS's birthday and left a message :(

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:29 PM
  • 16 Replies

I feel so bad for SS.  His BM called once on his birthday didn't get us left a message.  He and DH called back several times and she never answered.  Now this isn't the first time but she had him bday weekend.  His bday was Memorial day she had him Sat. & Sun so she knew it was his bday.  He is clueless because he is Autistic but my heart just breaks for him.  It just makes me wonder I just don't get it.  Anyone have this happen?

shrugging

[

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mallowcup17
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:21 PM

that's awful :( im sorry page.

thankfully when we do have SD on her bday her mom does call to check in but never calls during our weekends to check in which i think is beginning to bother SD. 

PageKing
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:39 PM
BM never calls in-between visits! It's crazy I could never do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamiB79
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:51 AM
We've never had my SD's on their bday. We always call them so they know we're thinking of them. Our BM refused to acknowledge it as a special day and fir some reason the courts let her get away with it. DH has already asked if we could get the ON their bday this year. Hopefully we will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truly.a.taurus
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:37 PM
I have 2 skids that live with dh and I. Bm usually takes cake and ballon to the oldest at school and the younger one gets to celebrate her birthday late. They go to the same school and it's unfair but it doesn't bother the skids so we typically dont acknowledge the differences that bm makes with the kids. It's sad and totally frustrating but all we can do is ensure that we treat them equally at home.
momofspuds
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 4:54 PM

BM doesn't bother to call regularly when we have our son.  Even in the summer when we have him all summer, she doesn't call regularly.  We call every night that he is not with us.  It makes him very upset that BM doesn't care enough to take a few minutes out of her day to call him.

PageKing
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:19 PM
It just breaks my heart! I'm just thankful that he does not understand completely
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sevenm2
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 12:19 AM
I get frustrated that BM never calls SD we have custody and she never calls in between her weekends! I can't understand how a mom can't check on their child. When my 16 yo son goes to his dads I'm still checking on him DAILY! BM is in hot water now and I've noticed a post or two on SDs Facebook wall from her but the funny thing is that she knows that because of her letting SD get in big trouble when at her home SD isn't allowed on Facebook for a long long time. I guess she expects her to sneak and go online anyway but sorry, it's not happening lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiliM
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Do you think he realizes she didn't call?  I am sure he gets that he called her, and she didn't call back.  I don't get this.  It's sad.   My ODS has Aspergers, and he NEVER forgets things.  Does your SS have that elephant-like quality?  I have to be careful, because ODS remembers things from 3 years ago, and he is only 7.  I am so sorry for your SS.  I make a big production of birthdays, so I can't imagine not doing it.  At least, not for your kids. 

not-the-momma
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I don't mean to minimize it, but maybe she celebrated his bday with him on Sat or Sun and didn't feel she needed to make a big deal on his actual bday. Many times it works out that my skids aren't with BM on their actual bday, but they work it out to celebrate on another day and the kids are fine with that.  BM usually calls them on their bday, but many times she just leaves a message wishing them a happy bday and they don't seem to mind.

Dannee
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:48 PM

I have never had that happen..

but I would be damn....

My husband would call that selfish witch up and give her an earful..

if she did ever do that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)