Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Dealing with custody issues

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 10:09 PM
  • 8 Replies
Has anyone ever had to deal with dh wanting more time with kids and bm expecting favors in return. Even though, she as at work and the kids are at sitters?
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ToraMay
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 10:51 PM

oh ya.... the BM in my situation would have rather paid to have him babysat then to allow any extra time.

HeatherSumowski
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 10:52 PM
Yeah...and it goes the other way too. If DH doesn't do what BM wants she will refuse visitation for DH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamiB79
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 10:54 PM
Same here

Quoting HeatherSumowski:

Yeah...and it goes the other way too. If DH doesn't do what BM wants she will refuse visitation for DH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavid
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 12:35 PM

One time when we were NCP we thought it would be a good idea to ask (beg) for time that she was sleeping (she works nights) to take them to a special event at the zoo.  We learned from that one event to never, ever deviate from the CO.  Ever.

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2011 at 12:40 PM

bwah ahahahahahahahah....extra time is a joke and why ask for it?  BM would go as far as to having DH's sister/mom watch SS12, when he was younger, when she could not find a babysitter instead of calling DH to see if he wanted to have extra time.

Funny thing though, since she has remarried and has a baby, she has pushed SS12 off on us more and more.  

It's a control thing to some people.

Mommie2Max
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:02 PM
No. Never dealt with that, thank goodness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pseudomamma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:31 PM

I've never dealt with it either, but I know some that have.  Our states parenting guidelines address alot of what was mentioned here.  Here's one thing you might try.  -3. Opportunity for Additional Parenting Time. When it becomes necessary that a child be cared for by a person other than a parent or a family member, the parent needing the child care shall first offer the other parent the opportunity for additional parenting time. The other parent is under no obligation to provide the child care. If the other parent elects to provide this care, it shall be done at no cost.  I know this can involve calling a lawyer and can be a big pain in the ass.  But it's an option.  Check your states guidelines

Dannee
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Wait are you telling me that the kids are with the sisters instead of the father????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN