Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Things from our Childhoods

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 3:38 PM
  • 63 Replies

I'm watching Saved By The Bell and remembering how awesome it was to watch on Saturday mornings. 

What things from your childhood do you remember fondly or miss?

(post pics if you like)

by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Swimming at Jones Beach.  I'm on the west coast now and while i think our beaches are more beautiful, the water if too cold to swim in.  I miss swimming in the ocean.  Oh yeah, and the hot bikini body I had back then...

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2011 at 3:44 PM

My horse Thistle and the weekends we would spend together. No saddle, no bridle. Just a rope around his neck and he instinctively knew where to go. The little pond in the middle of the groves. I would swim, lay out and he would graze and drink. Then he would take me home. He always went a little slower on the way back. I think he knew I didn't want to go back.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Quoting baparrot2:

My horse Thistle and the weekends we would spend together. No saddle, no bridle. Just a rope around his neck and he instinctively knew where to go. The little pond in the middle of the groves. I would swim, lay out and he would graze and drink. Then he would take me home. He always went a little slower on the way back. I think he knew I didn't want to go back.

I miss your childhood too...

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Quoting pdxmum:

Swimming at Jones Beach.  I'm on the west coast now and while i think our beaches are more beautiful, the water if too cold to swim in.  I miss swimming in the ocean.  Oh yeah, and the hot bikini body I had back then...

Spent many a summer on Jones beach! Early 80's.

mallowcup17
by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 3:46 PM

that sounds wonderful! ive never rode a horse but my mom grew up around them

Quoting baparrot2:

AustinsMama1226
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Childhood things.... I miss seeing my best friend everyday!!! I miss Disney movies.... I miss the Rugrats!! LOL!!

SquishiPook
by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM
I miss Full House. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrudyBaker
by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM

I loved the cartoons from when younger. I am not a fan of a lot of how kids tv is these days.

mallowcup17
by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 3:48 PM

i loved the Rugrats!

Quoting AustinsMama1226:

Childhood things.... I miss seeing my best friend everyday!!! I miss Disney movies.... I miss the Rugrats!! LOL!!

mallowcup17
by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 3:48 PM

that was always good for a laugh

Quoting SquishiPook:

I miss Full House. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)