Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you could meet anyone

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:29 AM
  • 13 Replies

alive or dead.

who would it be and why?(they dont have to be famous)

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seabreeze9
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:54 AM
My great grandma. She is a complete enigma to me. She was a Cherokee living in oklahoma on the reservation. She chose to leave her home, family, and tribe to marry a white man. And not just any white man she married a german. He was a klan member and I am sure a nazi to some extent. I would love to meet her and find out why she left her tribe for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seabreeze9
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:55 AM
A close second would be Edgar Allen Poe. He is my favorite author. Plus he had to be really interesting to know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:00 AM

she does seem really interesting. i have a great grandma that no one can quite explain to me, even though she was alive until i was 7, she is a family mystery even though we all "knew" her...

Quoting Seabreeze9:

My great grandma. She is a complete enigma to me. She was a Cherokee living in oklahoma on the reservation. She chose to leave her home, family, and tribe to marry a white man. And not just any white man she married a german. He was a klan member and I am sure a nazi to some extent. I would love to meet her and find out why she left her tribe for that.

Micksbabe
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:12 AM

There are many times I wish I could speak to my dearly departed Granny.

I'd love to have dinner with Norman Schwarzkopf.

I'm a freak for track stars.  My DH is trying to get tickets to take me to the next Summer Olympics just so I can see track & field.  I'd love to see some track stars up close.  Does that count as "meeting"?

mallowcup17
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:38 AM

i would love to go see the olympics in person. i have been to lake placid and even though it was more of a museum atmosphere it really is a neat thing to see. 

Quoting Micksbabe:

There are many times I wish I could speak to my dearly departed Granny.

I'd love to have dinner with Norman Schwarzkopf.

I'm a freak for track stars.  My DH is trying to get tickets to take me to the next Summer Olympics just so I can see track & field.  I'd love to see some track stars up close.  Does that count as "meeting"?

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Jim Morrison

newwife1
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:10 AM

My great Grandma and Ronald Reagan.

Alive person would be Keanu Reeves, for obvious reasons:)

AmyB118
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Franklin Delano & Eleanor Roosevelt.  He, to me, was the most awesome president ever and she shaped our United Nations and women's rights....they were amazing and I am sure extremly interesting to talk to :)

Angelknot8
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Not really met but I'd just love to have a day with my dad again.He was a very caring and wise man. I dearly miss his advice or his thoughts on how to see things from another point of veiw. Or If I had the choice I would just want to see him hold my youngest, he was the best pappy to my kids and he never got to see my youngest whos 14 months , he passed while i was 3 months pregnant. But it simply amazes me how much ds looks like my dad

lilangilyn
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I would like to meet my paternal grandfather. I have been told he was a very upright, old fashioned gentleman who everyone loved and respected. He and his brothers were part of that run for Oklahoma settlement that is shown in the that Tom Cruise movie. I think it would be interesting to hear about that from him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)