Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:23 PM
  • 12 Replies
How often do you and DH take the SKs out to do something fun?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShannaBee
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:24 PM
We really can't afford to right now but we try to do something simple and cheap like fishing or swimming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamiB79
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:25 PM
We always try to do something fun with all the kids every weekend. It doesn't always work out, but we usually go at least twice a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamiB79
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:26 PM
We go fishing and swimming a lot! We also go hiking and have picnics.

Quoting ShannaBee:

We really can't afford to right now but we try to do something simple and cheap like fishing or swimming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charli627
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:27 PM
About once a mth. Usually something simple like the movies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bonusmom04
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:33 PM

My SS is my DH CS. So, everyweekend can't be perfect.  I personally to establish some personal time have taken him Bowling, Roller Skating, Bucsh Gardens (father in law works there).  We have gone to the park, the game store (very interesting), and the Manatee site.  BM takes him to the movies and tthe beach alot so i try not to intrude on that.

4kidsmomma4life
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Normally we do something with all the kids every weekend and I usually do something with them a few times in the week. (they are homeschooled so getting out is important to them/me)  Normally we do something free.  We almost never spend money on outings. 

mallowcup17
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:27 AM

we always try to have fun even if its just a trip to the pool or the park. we are going overnight to New Hampshire today so that should be great since I am the only one who has ever been to that area of the 4 of us :) now if i could just feel better...ugh. stupid allergies. 

maybaby22
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:52 AM

We do family things when we have them but make it a point to not always be about spending money (because then skids expect it not appreciate it, ugh!) so we play yahtzee or bbq outside. We also have a wii we'll play, go to the Y to swim or hike. We also live near the beach so that is free fun.

Ms.Gwen
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:56 AM

every weekend at a minimum. It doesnt have to be expensive and half the time it doesnt cost a thing, but family time is so important to us!

little_buggie
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:58 AM

We are SUPER broke, but, we find something fun to do EVERY weekend at the least.  Right now DF is away so I just have the kids and last week I took them swimming in the man made lake at the park, twice in the week before we went hiking.  Today I am taking the kids to a b-day party at the park with the man made lake, My friend has a zoo pass so tomorrow we are taking the kids to the zoo. Wednesday I am taking SD to a day camp that's free (it's a little drive, but, not too bad) with her friend.  Saturday we are going to go hang out in the city, they are doing a thing called Sand in the City, they truck in a ton of sand and people build sculptures, it's really cool and free, after that we are going to go to the park so the kids can play in the splash pad and we will have a picnic.  Sunday the 17th we are going on a river rafting trip with church, followed by a church BBQ and smores.  That's all that's planned for now, but I am sure more is to come.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)