• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homework and projects

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:32 PM
  • 15 Replies
Who helps the kids with homework/school projects?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
packermomof2
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Me, mom... and ONLY if it is really needed.  I'm not a fan of sitting down with kids and doing the homework with them... I'm a fan of you know you have it, go get it done...

nursehatchet18
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:34 AM

I make sure they do it, But they have to do it themselves.

pseudomamma
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:03 AM

Mostly me (SM) because I have more patience.

Pero
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:19 AM

Depends on where she is at the specific time, and on the topic ... we all have our "field of expertise". ;-)

12mommy3
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:14 AM

I do - for the most part. DH works long hours and his days are never the same. He's a field tech for big equipment and this is his busiest season.

We have 6 kids, between the two of us - 5 that are school aged. So once the bus comes, my second shift begins and it can certainly be the most trying part of the day.

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:21 AM
I do. Thankfully SS doesn't get homework over the weekends. Hoping this years is actually countable and not just busy work for home. Hoping a lot of things go better this year.

Homework would either get lost or not done at BM's. DF only helps when I can't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidsmomma4life
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:43 AM

I usually as DH to help her if she brings homework home.  I get my fair share homeschooling my own kids all week.

violetmarie
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:04 AM

I do for the most part (SM) but if its a subject the DH knows more about I let him help. Our kids are old enough that they can do most of the work themselves, they just need that gentle SHOVE every now and then to actually work on it :)

Ms.Gwen
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:39 AM
Usually me' because I'm the one that gets asked the questions. His dad used to do the math for him if asked. I pointed it out so he stopped. Apparently that's the only way he knows to help because now he just confuses the poor boy when he tries to explain things to him. Hence I'm helping him now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katcb1019
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:47 AM

It depends on what it is. As the adults in the situation we all have different strengths. So, it really goes with where the problem area is. For the most part homework and such is done by the child without help and then checked. Unless she asks for help while doing it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)