Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM calling all the time

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:17 AM
  • 33 Replies

Wel last week dh had the kid for a week of his summer vacation.  On tuesday his ex called and wanted the boys to go to her house which is just down the street and clean up the front yard.   Well she had them the day befoer while dh was at work.    Not to mention the mess was made by her bf's kids.   The bf refused to have his kids pick up the mess.   Well she continued to call and get he kids upset all day.   I think there was a total of 7 or 8 calls.  This continued into the next day.  Dh askd nicely to have her call once in the morning and once at night.   And if it were an emergency that would be fine also.   She said she would call whenever she pleased.   Well the next night dh had a meeting and he told her the boys could o there.  He picked them up and not even 10 min later she was calling again.

Any ideas on what dh can do?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Gwen
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:20 AM
Modify the CO to include call times during visitation and then stick to it. Meaning don't answer the phone when she calls. The only way to deal with craziness is to create boundaries and enforce them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ErinRenee815
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:36 AM

If you've asked her not to call or to call at specific times and she has ignored that, there really is nothing you can do other than going back to court and having phone call times put in the CO. 

kia1987
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:39 AM

DH is going to modify custody anyway.  So I guess we should pry add this in as well. 

Ms.Gwen
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:43 AM
Good idea. When dealing with a psycho controlling BM I have learned the CO must be ridiculously specific. A good CO will include things that will not even matter till the child is older like who pays for college and driving restrictions/insurance. More important though is that your DH enforce the CO. Otherwise it is pointless.

Quoting kia1987:

DH is going to modify custody anyway.  So I guess we should pry add this in as well. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettxt1
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I guess that I was the odd person because when my ex had the boy I tried to let that be his time and only called once or twice the whole time. Anytime that BM#2 had the youngest SD we would always just let SD call us mainly because we knew that she would on her own within a day or two because she was ready to leave.

katcb1019
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Our co allows one phone call per day, and if said phone call is not answered it must be returned within 24 hrs. Your dh is going to have to get a modification to stop it.

kia1987
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:26 AM
Thanks for the ideas. It gets really annoying because she just calls to get them upset I think. Not to mention I was waiting on a very important call and she would not get off of the phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelknot8
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Yep it needs to be in the court order. Two calls a day at a decent time is plenty.

5monkeysplus1
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:13 PM
Wow....one or 2 calls a day? I thought a call every other day was excessive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenessamarie
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Phone calls were an issue for BM as well. DH brought this up in court and now BM has phone calls 3 days a week that must be initiated by DH for SD. BM still calls DHs phone and DH lets it go to VM. That's how he deals with it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)