Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NOT SURE WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

So bm keeps using my husbands family as her own but she will not allow the boys to come to our house because we will not give her extra money.  BM moved out of her boyfriends house (yes another baby later) to a house in the same town as my inlaws.  She will not let the boys come to our house after school (while she is at work gets home at 8:30) but wants my father inlaw to pick them up and take them to practice.  She left the oldest child standing in the parking lot of his new school the first day of school and has yet to provide them with bookbags for the year (we bought school supplies and shoes this is why she is upset).  Do we allow her to continue to use OUR family as free transportation and sitters or say no do it yourself?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Angelknot8
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:06 PM

My first thing is, Is there a custody order? If not maybe its time to get one? And couldn't dh just go over to his parents and go along to practice ect?

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:10 PM

You say OUR family, aren't they the boys family too?

Spades
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:19 PM

It sounds like your are saying she is almost taunting your DH by making child accessable to his family and not to him.  I agree with angel.  Get a CO or modify the one he has.  Other than that, Glock is right, too.  They are the children's family.  You can't just stop "allowing" the family time BM gives them freely, and it would be pretty lame if you tried to.  Instead be proactive about it and get it co'd.  

Angie419
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I agree with you, yes they are my ss family also.  The hard part is that my husband is also part of their family and we have offered so much and it almost seems like she is just doing this to get even with my husband.

Angie419
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:52 PM

We have an order she choses not to follow and the police can not inforce it.  Last time it took us almost 3 years to get a court date.

Angelknot8
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Get a lawer and file contempt. We had the same issue and at the time dh had got hurt at his job, lost his job and couldnt afford a lawyer. Thats how bm got away with it.

Quoting Angie419:

We have an order she choses not to follow and the police can not inforce it.  Last time it took us almost 3 years to get a court date.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)