Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do the step kid(s) call you?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:31 PM
  • 41 Replies

What do your step child(ren) call you?!  This is the first time we have ever had my SD and my husband told her to call me Ms. Dawn..but she keeps calling me mommy (which distresses my girls).  Each time she calls me mommy I explain to her that she knows that I am not her mommy, that her mommy is Candace and she is in Alabama, etc.  Bad idea?  good idea?  I cant seem to come up with a different name for her to call me though! lol

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM

They call me by my first name.  My MIL made her SD call her "Mommy Lynda".  It drove me nuts.

Faeta
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM

mom when they want something or are in a good mood.

my given name otherwise

sunshine86912
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:35 PM

LOL okay, thanks :)  I personally dont care if she calls me mommy, but I dont want her confused, my girls confused( my kids are white..she is biracial so everyone knows she isnt REALLY mine lol) and since my husband seemed to want her to call me dawn..I was trying to stick with that, but didnt know if it was just weird or something

Quoting WifeyC:

They call me by my first name.  My MIL made her SD call her "Mommy Lynda".  It drove me nuts.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Personally, since Mom is not absent I wouldn't have her call you Mommy. 

sunshine86912
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:40 PM

yeah, well like I said..I correct her each time, and I am not really sure why she is calling me mommy to begin with.  Maybe because I am more of a mommy figure that she actually has?  (BM doesnt acctually spend that much time in this little girl's life, she pawns her onto aunts, grandma, uncles, grandpa, etc).  Or maybe because she just cant remember my name?  She doesnt have issues remembering anyone elses lol.  I dunno

Quoting WifeyC:

Personally, since Mom is not absent I wouldn't have her call you Mommy. 

sunshine86912
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:42 PM

oh and she calls my husband daddy to his face..but when she was chatting with me yesterday she called him daddy Bryan instead (she is only 3).  Found that interesting, but I know the BM was married for a minute, so I guess maybe she had her calling the husband daddy?

SP_Mama
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:57 PM

SS's calls me by my first name.

Ms.Gwen
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM
Thier therapist said that just my name is disrespectful. Since the toddlers have RAD they intentionally disrespect people to grasp some kind of control over the person. As part of thier therapy they have to call everyone Mr or Mrs and sir or mam. If you have any kind of authority over them I suggest sticking with Ms.Dawn. Here they only call other children by thier first name only.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenBof6
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:01 PM
My first name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smilesmile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:03 PM

My kids SM mkaes them call her MOM!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)