Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long after.....

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:31 PM
  • 17 Replies
Bm was outta the picture was it that she was allowed to be at the kids birthday parties?? Its been a year since my dh and his ex split and he invited her to their sons birthday party. We had a birthday party a few months ago for his daughter and he didn't want her there cuz it would be confusing and hurtful for the kids. But now its ok cuz he thinks they're over their split. I need opinions on whether having bm there is a good thing or not. She never invites us cuz she said no one likes their dad and she doesn't wanna confuse the kids.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShannaBee
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Depends. If he feels comfortable with it then it should be ok. We did one double birthday with BM for SS and it was awful and uncomfortable for everyone and I ended up leaving. But now I think I can stand being around her, she has begun to act like an adult moreso.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maybaby22
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:55 PM

It all depends on teh situation- we have had many birthday parties together with no issues at all.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Why would the kids be confused?

Angelknot8
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:25 PM

I'm sorry I might be confused. Your dh and his ex split a year ago?

Owner of the cafemom group
Parenting a child with Behavioral disorders by adoption or step parenting  http://www.cafemom.com/group/115157

_Salvador_
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM
The kids would be confused because they know that its me and their dad together not their mom. And about a month ago their mom came to the house to drop off some papers then she left ans the little girl(my skid) starting screaming crying cuz she wanted her mom to stay.
My dh and his ex split about a year and a half ago.
crs2442
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Well I think this is normal. She wanted her mom to stay. I wouldn't say that she is confused, or thinks her mom and dad are back together. How old is she?

Quoting _Salvador_:

The kids would be confused because they know that its me and their dad together not their mom. And about a month ago their mom came to the house to drop off some papers then she left ans the little girl(my skid) starting screaming crying cuz she wanted her mom to stay.
My dh and his ex split about a year and a half ago.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM

How long have you been married?

whatIknownow
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I don't understand what "time since divorce" has to do with being at a child's birthday party.

whatIknownow
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Quoting _Salvador_:

The kids would be confused because they know that its me and their dad together not their mom.

what is confusing about that?

_Salvador_
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:21 PM
There have been times when their mom would visit us somewhere and the oldest would scream and say "NO NOT MOMMY.. ONLY ERICA..." OR "NO NOT ERICA ONLY MOMMY" FOR ME BEING A NEW STEPMOM ITS SUCH A PRIVILEGE TO BE APART OF THEIR LIVES AND EVERYTHING IN IT. I CAN SEE IT NOW WHEN I WANNA BE THERE WITH HIM TO BLOW OUT HIS CANDLES OR OWNING HIS GIFTS HES NOT GONNA WANT ME THERE, HE'LL WANT HIS MOM WHICH IS PERFECTLY FINE SINCE ITS HIS DAY. AM I WRONG FOR NOT WANTING HER THERE TILL HES OLDER???
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)