Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

finally received my court papers today!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I have mediation on 10/4 for my ex's mom taking me to court for visitation.  Yes that's right...Grandparent's rights!

by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Replies (21-27):
crs2442
by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 11:40 PM
Yea sorry....if she wants to see her grandkids, why not take some of her sons time? I don't care if she's the queen of england, she still doesn't NEED any time. especially since you only see them EOW.

Quoting nmaxwell816:

Her son and I have 50/50 custody and we share the children so I see my boys every other week.  She already get them on his Friday nights and now she wants my friday nights too!

Quoting annabl1970:

I do not mean to offend, but why is the problem if she wants to see her grandchildren? I hope she is not drug abuser or psycho ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nmaxwell816
by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 11:47 PM

It's okay- I've been ranting about this crap since I was served with the papers back in June. You see how important the case was right??  Took 4 months to get a date!!

Quoting crs2442:

Yea sorry....if she wants to see her grandkids, why not take some of her sons time? I don't care if she's the queen of england, she still doesn't NEED any time. especially since you only see them EOW.

Quoting nmaxwell816:

Her son and I have 50/50 custody and we share the children so I see my boys every other week.  She already get them on his Friday nights and now she wants my friday nights too!

Quoting annabl1970:

I do not mean to offend, but why is the problem if she wants to see her grandchildren? I hope she is not drug abuser or psycho ?

annabl1970
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Quoting nmaxwell816:

Quoting annabl1970:

Oh sorry then! She is playing games with you, she will PAS your boys definitely. Yep, the grandparents can do that and I consider PAS  as great harm to child.

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Oct. 1, 2011 at 11:52 PM
I don't hate my xh ~ his parents see our kids several times a year. Xsil has never responded to my inquiries about arranging for her and her kids to see our kids. The one time in the past 2.5 years she contacted me about seeing them she DEMANDED they come to her home on Easter Sunday, xh was going to be there, and she was attempting to assist him in circumventing his COURT SUPERVISED parenting time. That wasn't going to happen. I politely declined, citing prior plans and suggested a playdate the following weekend at a local park ~ she never responded except to say I was "mean" (yes how mean of me to hold her brother, my xh accountable and to follow the CO ~ BAD BM) and for her to say she would persue the matter via the courts. I think her level headed cop husband squelched her idea of suing me for visitation.

Quoting annabl1970:

You people make me sick! If the FATHER or MOTHER or GRANDPARENTS does NOT harm the child, they need to be in child's life, every child deserves to have parents and grandparents from both sides. If you hate your Ex, does not mean your child has to suffer and do not enjoy good time with his other parent or grandparent. It is shame, that she has to go court, to be able to see her grandchildren. What the wrong with you, people???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nmaxwell816
by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Quoting annabl1970:

Quoting nmaxwell816:

Quoting annabl1970:

Oh sorry then! She is playing games with you, she will PAS your boys definitely. Yep, the grandparents can do that and I consider PAS  as great harm to child.

It's okay- She is playing games and I can understand why you didn't understand at first why I posted what I posted.  You didn't have all of the background.  Thank you..

TheStepMonster
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 12:23 AM
My issue with your argument is two fold. First, I have a serious issue with the courts telling a BP that they are required to send their children to someone who is not a parent. This includes step parents, grandparents, aunts uncles and next door neighbors. I am a huge proponent of the parental rights ammendment which seeks to stop government interference in parental rights.

My second issue is if bfs parents want to see the kids then they need to get with their son. Since you posted that which I'm responding to we've learned there is a 50/50 custody arrangement. And you have agreed that the paternal grandparents time should come from dads time. I believe this should be the case whether 50/50 or 99/1 is the split. If dad isn't happy with what he has left then he can file for a modification of his parenting time.

Bottom line though...should grandparents get to see their grandkids? Absolutely. Do they have a built in automatic legal right to it? Nope and nor should they.

Btw I'm mobile I apologize for typos.

Quoting annabl1970:

Quoting TheStepMonster:

Quoting annabl1970:

Quoting TheStepMonster:

Quoting annabl1970:

There's a difference between grandparents seeing their grandchildren and grandparents having rights to their grandchildren.  

Except in very rare circumstances - I take STRONG STRONG exceptions to grandparents thinking they have "rights" to their grandkids.  

In my state only 2 cases of grandparents rights have ever won - both of them were cases where BM dropped child of with maternal grandparents at infancy and disappeared.  BF's came back years later, fought and won custody and then hid the child from maternal grandparents.  I don't necessarily agree with those cases - however I get it.

Just to be a bitch?  Hell No.

Oh, I know that, but because she stated "have mediation on 10/4 for my ex's mom taking me to court for visitation" I tought there is some problem with the grandma  regarding vistataions.

Why should grandma get visitation?

You really ask that??? Why grandma need visitations? Because she is grandma!  Just put yourself in grandma's shoes, maybe you will get it. My mom and dad love DD till death, and I can not imagine if they could not see her! Wow wow TheStepMonster just wow!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nmaxwell816
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 6:33 PM

I couldn't agree with your statement more.  I will most definately update everyone once we have our hearing.

Quoting TheStepMonster:

My issue with your argument is two fold. First, I have a serious issue with the courts telling a BP that they are required to send their children to someone who is not a parent. This includes step parents, grandparents, aunts uncles and next door neighbors. I am a huge proponent of the parental rights ammendment which seeks to stop government interference in parental rights.

My second issue is if bfs parents want to see the kids then they need to get with their son. Since you posted that which I'm responding to we've learned there is a 50/50 custody arrangement. And you have agreed that the paternal grandparents time should come from dads time. I believe this should be the case whether 50/50 or 99/1 is the split. If dad isn't happy with what he has left then he can file for a modification of his parenting time.

Bottom line though...should grandparents get to see their grandkids? Absolutely. Do they have a built in automatic legal right to it? Nope and nor should they.

Btw I'm mobile I apologize for typos.

Quoting annabl1970:

Quoting TheStepMonster:

Quoting annabl1970:

Quoting TheStepMonster:

Quoting annabl1970:

There's a difference between grandparents seeing their grandchildren and grandparents having rights to their grandchildren.  

Except in very rare circumstances - I take STRONG STRONG exceptions to grandparents thinking they have "rights" to their grandkids.  

In my state only 2 cases of grandparents rights have ever won - both of them were cases where BM dropped child of with maternal grandparents at infancy and disappeared.  BF's came back years later, fought and won custody and then hid the child from maternal grandparents.  I don't necessarily agree with those cases - however I get it.

Just to be a bitch?  Hell No.

Oh, I know that, but because she stated "have mediation on 10/4 for my ex's mom taking me to court for visitation" I tought there is some problem with the grandma  regarding vistataions.

Why should grandma get visitation?

You really ask that??? Why grandma need visitations? Because she is grandma!  Just put yourself in grandma's shoes, maybe you will get it. My mom and dad love DD till death, and I can not imagine if they could not see her! Wow wow TheStepMonster just wow!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured