Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you handle the situation?

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 7:11 PM
  • 35 Replies

Each skid had a PS3.

Older kid decides hes going to sell his. Both dh & I tell him that he will regret it and shouldn't do it. He doesn't listen.

Fast foward to yesterday. Skid says "I want a PS3 for christmas and a carrying case so that I can take it back and forth to mom's". I told him "Tough. I'm not buying one, I bought the last one that you sold." So he says "But thats what I want!" So I said "I'm sorry, we dont always get what we want."

I'm not buying another one. For one, he shouldn't have sold his. For two, I do not purchase entertainment (for $300) that is to be carted back and forth to bm's.

Out of curiosity, would you buy one?

by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LemonZest
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 7:15 PM
Heck no. What gets bought in this house stays in this house. BM only gets two visits per month though, so it's no big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2011 at 7:16 PM

yes I would buy one. You have to buy something, it may as well be what he is asking for. I'd spend whatever the amount was I was planning to spend.

I wouldn't care if he brought it to his mother's. Once a gift is given it belongs to the giftee. We don't tell our kids they can't take their gifts to their mother's house.

proudmama426
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 7:22 PM

No i wouldnt not until he was old enough to accept the responsibility of takeing care of it.

pepper504
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2011 at 7:23 PM
The issue is that he sold his PS3 and now wants another one. Hell no.

Also, we do not allow things going back and forth the BM's house either. SS wanted a PS3 at his mom's house, mom made him buy it. He did just that and totes it back and forth. That being said, since yours sold his, maybe he needs to buy this next one as well. What did he sell it for to begin with?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessiesluv
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 7:36 PM

He sold it for like $100 and an I POD touch (used).

We told him if he wanted another one he would have to buy it.  He needs to learn somehow.

Quoting pepper504:

The issue is that he sold his PS3 and now wants another one. Hell no.

Also, we do not allow things going back and forth the BM's house either. SS wanted a PS3 at his mom's house, mom made him buy it. He did just that and totes it back and forth. That being said, since yours sold his, maybe he needs to buy this next one as well. What did he sell it for to begin with?

newwife1
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2011 at 7:44 PM

You already bought him one. Tough luck if he chose to sell it.

I would not buy another one.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2011 at 8:13 PM

wouldn't the one you'd be getting him now be a newer version? I don't really know how quickly those devices reversion. But I would think the one he sold was outdated anyway.

truly.a.taurus
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2011 at 8:48 PM
I wouldnt replace it. For me its not about taking it back and forth. At a certain age, kids have to be responsible for their things. He was he would regret it so hopefully he learned a leson.
Angela_1974
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 8:55 PM

You bought the 1st one and he sold it and got $100.00 and a used Ipod touch, right. No I wouldn't buy another 1 for him. Him saying "Why, that's what I want", sounds like he is spoiled and gets what he wants most of the time anyway. He had a perfectly good game he sold, he can buy his own if he wants another one. We don't have a lot of money here and when my son wants something like that and we can't get it, he will save up the money and get it himself. He treats it a lot better when he buys it himself.

Karlalvsherboys
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 9:40 PM
If that's all he wants? Then ok! He'll open something he's already had. What if it was an xbox instead would you get it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured